Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, January 10th 2012  (Read 4721 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Chilliwack River, January 10th 2012
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 05:22:01 PM »

Saw a fisherman a couple hundred feet below me land a fish on a bright red worm and take pictures. I wonder if that was you.
 It was nice cool morning, made all the better by releasing my first steelhead of the year. Was a 10 lb. hatchery buck caught on a spinner.
What time was that?   :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 05:32:26 PM »

Nice fish Dave.  ;D

Got your floats, maybe we can meet up on Saturday once you are done with work. Check out facebook and you will see some pictures of what the floats look like. Yes searun17, I have your floats as well.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 05:36:35 PM »

Nice fish Dave.  ;D

Got your floats, maybe we can meet up on Saturday once you are done with work. Check out facebook and you will see some pictures of what the floats look like. Yes searun17, I have your floats as well.
Awesome thanks Geff.  You going to still be out here at 5 pm tho?  I get off at like 4:45 but could probably sneak out to meet you if need be.  I work in rosedale.

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 06:18:56 PM »

Awesome thanks Geff.  You going to still be out here at 5 pm tho?  I get off at like 4:45 but could probably sneak out to meet you if need be.  I work in rosedale.

nope we plan on being home with two very large hatcheries by ten,lol.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Knife

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 06:34:33 PM »

Not sure exactly on the time, but I think it was 9.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 06:39:52 PM »

nope we plan on being home with two very large hatcheries by ten,lol.
Lol...gitterdone.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 09:45:28 PM »

Well if we can not meet I can always drop them off at your house and work something out with $$ at some other point. I got you 4 but if you do not want that many just let me know. I dont mind having a few extras. Joe has stopped making them and I doubt you will ever find anyone that can make them as nice and as durable, so once all the floats that he has(about 150 left)are gone then you can only find them like Chris finds floats.  ;D

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 10:16:15 PM »

what are these floats you guys are talking about? you're making them sound so appealing i'm interested in seeing what they look like  ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 10:22:31 PM »

Well if we can not meet I can always drop them off at your house and work something out with $$ at some other point. I got you 4 but if you do not want that many just let me know. I dont mind having a few extras. Joe has stopped making them and I doubt you will ever find anyone that can make them as nice and as durable, so once all the floats that he has(about 150 left)are gone then you can only find them like Chris finds floats.  ;D
  Yeah 4 is fine...We'll figure something out.  If you guys wanna do the 15 min cruise out to my work on saturday feel free.  lol  We'll figure something out.  Maybe the wife will be home. ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 11:09:11 PM »

what are these floats you guys are talking about? you're making them sound so appealing i'm interested in seeing what they look like  ;D

Here is a picture of what they look like.
sorry for the hijack Dave

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 11:14:15 PM »

Well done Dave and nice fish. Haven't caught one so far this year as I haven't been out once yet. Gonna' have to change that I think
real soon.

Kenwee

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 11:34:57 AM »

Hi Geoff how much do the floats cost? Can u shoot me an email; kenwee@shaw.ca

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 11:39:50 AM »

i believe whonnock joe sells them for 5bucks each
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 12:03:44 PM »

Those are dope, email me too taylorhunt@hotmail.com If you're selling any maybe I can get them off you the next time I'm in chilliwack?

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, 01:52:51 PM »

Here is the link from craigslist that Whonnock Joe had put up and it has his phone number in it. If there is an issue with picking them up let me know and we can see if I can work something out.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/spo/2734899559.html