Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, January 23rd 2012  (Read 1922 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Chilliwack River, January 23rd 2012
« on: January 23, 2012, 01:44:45 PM »

Headed out late this morning as I had to get the car going... made it to river around 10.  As I worked down thru the run had a couple rather aggressive hits on roes sacks  that caught me off guard, and I somehow missed them both.  After working thru that section for a while and nothing... worked down river another 50 yards or so and had another tap real close to shore, with a real quick head shake then gone... so I threw on my last roe sack, and worked a bit further out for a couple casts and float slams down, solid this time and got a good head shake and the fight was on.  After a good tussel that involved lots of aerials, this nice lil 7 or so pound hatch doe came to hand...

I decided to let her go to fight another day, and I got nothing more for the last 30 mins or so I had to fish.  Maybe I'll get back out again for the last hr of light... we shall see. :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 06:52:24 PM by DMW »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
Re: Chilliwack River, January 23rd 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 04:15:25 PM »

pretty fish! good on ya for letting her go.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 06:15:24 PM »

What a beauty! Great to hear you let her go! ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 08:55:16 PM »

Thanks guys... I didn't get a chance to head back out.  But I did just finish making some more roe sacks for the morning... First fish out of mid river all winter for me, and with what turned out to be 3-4 takes in this one run I'm all amped up to get out agsin first light... Lol :D   I have a lot more time to fish tomorrow... And would love another multi steel day...  ;D

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 11:13:34 PM »

Holy crap Dave, I don't know how you do it man! What's that...number 7?

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 12:44:39 AM »

Chromer fish, well done. So good to see a fresh report out and wish it would of been me. But alas, work and family has limited my time out for now. Thank you for the report though and the wonderful pic's.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 06:56:46 AM »

Holy crap Dave, I don't know how you do it man! What's that...number 7?
Lol...I have done ok.  I'm happy with the way this first month back Steelheading again after 3 or so years off has gone.  Was a slow starter, I went like 0 for 7  to start I think.  Last 6 days out have been good to me.  ;)  Who knows what today will hold... raining now and is supposed to rain a lot later on today.  Unless I get a bonafide keeper, I'll probably stay out till it blows. :D

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 12:35:03 PM »

Lol...I have done ok.  I'm happy with the way this first month back Steelheading again after 3 or so years off has gone.  Was a slow starter, I went like 0 for 7  to start I think.  Last 6 days out have been good to me.  ;)  Who knows what today will hold... raining now and is supposed to rain a lot later on today.  Unless I get a bonafide keeper, I'll probably stay out till it blows. :D

Nice!!! Well good luck, it makes me feel a bit better you went 0 for 7 until you figured out where they hang out! I'm 0 for 5 and can't make it out this week as I'm sick...next week will be mine!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 08:10:58 PM »

Nice!!! Well good luck, it makes me feel a bit better you went 0 for 7 until you figured out where they hang out! I'm 0 for 5 and can't make it out this week as I'm sick...next week will be mine!
Get better soon man. They'll be there... New report from
today up.  ;)