Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kawkawa Lake, April 7th 2012  (Read 1142 times)

Dr. Backlash

Kawkawa Lake, April 7th 2012
« on: April 07, 2012, 09:56:11 PM »

It was a beautiful day on the water today - probably the nicest day of 2012 so far.  We arrived a little late, got the boat in shorly after noon and fished till about 3:30pm.  Trolled the whole time, using wedding rings with maggots and worms (and other things).   It was our first time on the lake - absolutely gorgeous lake!  Managed to hook and land my first ever land locked Coho - I couldn't believe it, as we were targetting Kokanee.  But the spots all over its back made it easy to identify.  It was proabably between 1lb-2lb, and was released unharmed.  I caught it trolling a chartreuse dodger with some reflective tape, and a chartreuse wedding ring spinner (with a secret bait).  That was it for the day; the wife had a good take on her wedding ring with a worm, but it quickly popped off.  Quite a few boats out on the water - I'd say we counted at least 20 throughout the day, but what else would you expect on a long weekend?  I will be making another trip, but probably not till the fall, as its only going to get busier on that lake between now and then.

Good fishing to all!!