Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trapping Salmon on the West bank of the Capilano  (Read 10708 times)

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
Re: Trapping Salmon on the West bank of the Capilano
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 10:16:50 AM »

Things are all fine and dandy when the water level is up above a couple feet.  Natives get fish and so does everyone above the weir. 

The problem, for me, is when the tap gets turned off the weir gets built up and zero fish get by.

doja

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 12:25:18 PM »

Aye,its thar land,and they can do as they see fit,no business of the pale faces who angle for hoes on thee cap. Argh mateys leave the red skins to be,for they be here many.many moons before you and i set foot on thar lands. Be gone lassies and leave thar peoples be.

Ummm, forgot to put on you "alter ego suit" today??? I was wondering who the "character" was.... BUSTED!!!   ;D ;)

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 01:14:53 PM »

Ummm, forgot to put on you "alter ego suit" today??? I was wondering who the "character" was.... BUSTED!!!   ;D ;)
[/quote

Haha! damn, I noticed that too!

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 01:15:37 PM »

Things are all fine and dandy when the water level is up above a couple feet.  Natives get fish and so does everyone above the weir. 

The problem, for me, is when the tap gets turned off the weir gets built up and zero fish get by.

On a big tide during dark when no one is harvesting a few fish still get through  ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 03:31:15 PM »

And what shopping carts? Yes, There are a few metal grate pieces but I haven't seen any "shopping carts" used in the past few years. If you disagree with me I would love to see photos of these so called shopping carts.

I have personally seen shopping carts being used. Unfortunately I don't have photographic evidence

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 06:08:06 PM »

quite alot of poaching going on above the native land,tickets have been handed out,so watch out cheaters. there are natives on the reserve who fish the same way we do,float and roe ,not sure if they clip the barbs but they have a choice.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 09:02:22 PM »

1st world problems. I am one to admit, we all have better things to bicker over and put our voices towards.
Fish killer 101

Bandit420

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 09:07:08 PM »

I have no problem with the natives taking fish, its their rights. I get my 2 chrome coho when I go so we are all benefiting. So instead of being jealous of the natives catching fish and you not, dont let out your frustration on the aboriginals ;)
If you're not fishing, you're not living!

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »

I have personally seen shopping carts being used. Unfortunately I don't have photographic evidence
Arggh me matey,what in blimey does matter waht the red skins doth use to trap them hoes? Its thar land and them natives to do as they want. Shopping carts,wiers,or spears,doth not make a matter me mateys.Carry on and pay no heed to the what they do. Aye a need a sip of the rum now...

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2012, 10:51:26 PM »

Arggh me matey,what in blimey does matter waht the red skins doth use to trap them hoes? Its thar land and them natives to do as they want. Shopping carts,wiers,or spears,doth not make a matter me mateys.Carry on and pay no heed to the what they do. Aye a need a sip of the rum now...

Sorry but it really errks me when you refer to them as red skins. They are Canadian's and equal to All !!! I know you're attempting the pirate talk but if I referred to a race as slant eye's, rag heads or polack's no matter what I type of language I used it would be wrong. Just saying.

And as far as how these fellow Canadian's fish as long they are legally entitled it is their right and privilege. I can't change what they do so I don't allow myself to get too bent out of shape over it. Lot's happening in this big ole' world that I like and a lot I don't like. I change what I'm able to and leave the rest in God's hands.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 11:09:54 PM »

Sorry but it really errks me when you refer to them as red skins. They are Canadian's and equal to All !!! I know you're attempting the pirate talk but if I referred to a race as slant eye's, rag heads or polack's no matter what I type of language I used it would be wrong. Just saying.

And as far as how these fellow Canadian's fish as long they are legally entitled it is their right and privilege. I can't change what they do so I don't allow myself to get too bent out of shape over it. Lot's happening in this big ole' world that I like and a lot I don't like. I change what I'm able to and leave the rest in God's hands.
Aye matey, i be a paleface tryin to add some humor to this yarn. you be takin me too serious.No disrespect coming from this ole sea dog.Ever been out to sea?

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 12:55:20 AM »

Yes Dennis I've been out to sea, never came back as a pirate though. And I understand the humour aspect and to Fin, I would'nt be
offended instead I would wonder if the person is mentally unstable. Whitey, really !!! Hey Black man, Yo Brownie, what's up Raghead !!! I may be white but because someone is over-weight doesn't give me the right to address them as Fattie.

PC, I don't think this is about PC at all. It's about respecting other people and seeing them not as red skins or black skins but as seeing them the same as you and I. It's late and I'm tired and I didn't think it would take a lesson in humanity to carry the truth. If you can't or don't want to understand then that's your choice. Night All !!!

ALBA CHIEFISH

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 08:44:42 AM »

Well I have learnt one thing today...

...if you post something on the internet.....

Thank you Speycaster for clarifying that the 2 guys on the west bank were quite with in there rights. I had looked at the regs and some maps before considering calling the RAPP.

hotrod

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 10:45:23 PM »

Interesting topic to say the least!

Shopping carts today are a myth! I have been down there for years and can assure you I have never seen one used in many years! It seems that the "shopping cart" word has become a stereo typical slander towards the natives and have noticed, typically, it usually comes out at this time of year when the run has slowed down some and some people are looking for someone to blame,slander or whatever!! Am I offended? NAAA!

I believe that , people just assume and presume that all natives are Canadians, when in fact a good number of us are not! Well, I have to say that the topic brings up some legitimator question with regards to the people of the land and serve a good purpose to better educate the uneducated in this particular topic of discussion.

With the exception of the last two days, the run for the last week has been very slow and only yesterday afternoon did we start to see a good push of fresh fish and, Yes, many do get by in spite of what some might think.

tight lines fellas!

hotrod
   ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:47:26 PM by hotrod »

cutthroat22

• Old Timer