Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: As the salmon season is upon us - what are you looking forward to most?  (Read 9791 times)

jacked55

I look forward to applying everything i learned last year, and catching my first coho and chinook this year, and hopefully meeting some of you on the river and getting some more expert advice. It should be an awesome season. Tight lines to all.

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome

Just looking forward to the coho roll and the heavy pull of a chinook. Trout are great fun but nothing compares to the unknown of what a salmon brings to the table ;D Also looking forward to what follow the salmon which are those feisty trout feeding on the eggs and hammering egg patterns that go drifting by :)
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

Every Day

• Old Timer

Soooo many things!

- Fly fishing pinks off the beach on the island
- Fly Fishing springs off the beach on the island
- Epic fly fishing coho days on some island rivers

And of course my fav, tossing flies for big cutties in behind the salmon  ;D

brysonk

I decided at the beginning of steelhead season last year that I should pick up a spey rod. It was a long, hard, fishless season for me, with most the season learning how to cast :(  The only two times I brought out the float gear i got into fish, go figure. So I guess I'm hoping to catch my first fish on the spey with one of my own ties, that would make me pretty ****ing happy :)

hotrod

getting as many fish on the two handers as possible!

hotrod

Brook Trout

Chinooks on The South Thompson

eddy

• Sea Lice? What Sea Lice?

The GONG show! ;D ;D ::) ::)
Fishing is just a sideshow.  ;)

FreshyPT

Catching a salmon from my kayak off ambleside.
x2

and

Quickies in the tidal portions of the Fraser (aka relax after a long day at work).
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.
~ Just Keep Fishing ~

Oilcruzer

Why does the vedder have a bad reputation?

Cuz some of my banjo strumming neighbours slash tires on US vehicles?

Oilcruzer

Epic landings by others.  Comraderie.  Everyone attempting to achieve the same goal.

canso

• Old Timer

trolling the chuck for big springs.
float fishing with jigs for chums in the morning, with sturgeon in the afternoon.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

WCVI. Does not get any better! Where the real Salmon fishing takes place, in saltwater,with some nice Halibut and Cod thrown in, as icing on the cake! ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

I am just hoping to be able to be mobile enough to make it out to the river to catch a fish or two. You sure dont realize how much you miss something until it is taken away from you in a split second and in that split second your whole life is turned unside down  :'(

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...

I am just hoping to be able to be mobile enough to make it out to the river to catch a fish or two. You sure dont realize how much you miss something until it is taken away from you in a split second and in that split second your whole life is turned unside down  :'(

Amen to that, Geff!  Here's hoping you are able to get out there soon, feeling as close to 100% as you can!!!

Jewelz

• I've got the bug

Catching my first ANYTHING on the pin! Hell I don't care if I hook a piece of drift wood ;D
Peace. One. Jewelz.
"Who knew that fishing was this addicting..."