Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in participating for in a charity draw to support Operation Smile?

Yes!
No

Author Topic: Donate for chances to win a free salmon fishing charter!  (Read 11448 times)

rhino

• Old Timer
Donate for chances to win a free salmon fishing charter!
« on: August 28, 2012, 09:34:45 PM »

Hello everyone! :)

My name is Ali and I am and addicted to fishing like most of you all here! I own a local business here in Vancouver called M1 Innovations (www.m1innovations.ca). My team and I have committed to raising $6000 over the next 12 months for charity called Operation Smile. Some of you many know this charity and if you don't  please go to www.operationsmile.org/ and check it out.

We wanted to give back by helping improve the quality of lives of children and families around the world. $240 gets a simple operation done by volunteer surgeons and changes the life of a kid FOREVER! Most of us can easily spend that amount of money on fishing gear or a fishing trip.

I have asked Rodney (FWR) and a local tackle shop here in Vancouver to join us in a joint effort to put together a Charity Draw to win a FULL DAY SALT WATER FISHING CHARTER and also a secondary prize (probably a fishing reel). For every donation of $5 you make we will enter your name in the draw! So if you donate $10 you get entered 2 times and so on. 100% of the money will go to Operation Smile!!

The reason I am posting this message is simply to get an idea of how many members would be interested in participating. We wanted to gage if this would be something that would help us reach our goal of $6000 as we will be investing a substantial sum of money in this and ( we are happy to do so) we want to ensure that it gets a good return on investment. Simply respond to the poll and if we get a good response then we will put this event together and get some of you lucky FWR members on the water ASAP! ;D ;D

I know all of you are most likely very involved with differnt charities and communities and I appreciate you responding to this whether or not you will take part in this draw.

Thank you Rod for letting us use your site to promote this event should we move forward with it.

cheers,
Ali. :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:39:07 PM by Rodney »

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
Re: Want to win a free salmon fishing charter?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 06:46:18 AM »

$5 to help out and get a chance at a FULL DAY SALT WATER FISHING CHARTER and endorsed by Rod.

Most Certainly!
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 01:55:19 PM »

$5 to help out and get a chance at a FULL DAY SALT WATER FISHING CHARTER and endorsed by Rod.

Most Certainly!

Thank you David for your support!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 05:54:23 PM »

looking forward to promote this. ;) I'm pretty sure we can raise at least a couple of thousand dollars from the fishing community (that's 400 entries... :o ). Let me know when you are ready to do it.

chronicfisher

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 06:02:07 PM »

Where and how can I donate?

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 08:27:38 PM »

Just say when ?? :)

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 08:35:08 PM »

looking forward to promote this. ;) I'm pretty sure we can raise at least a couple of thousand dollars from the fishing community (that's 400 entries... :o ). Let me know when you are ready to do it.

thank you Rod and everyone who took the time to vote ! I love the response so far!! 400 people donating 5-10 bucks each is HUGE!!

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 08:37:08 PM »

It will be coming soon... just setting up some donation options and a few other details. will communicate it to Rod in the coming days and you will see it live shortly! Would love to see a bunch more voters!
thank you all! ;D ;D ;D

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 09:30:50 PM »

who's the cheapo who voted no? :o

one more cast

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 10:52:12 PM »

It will be coming soon... just setting up some donation options and a few other details. will communicate it to Rod in the coming days and you will see it live shortly! Would love to see a bunch more voters!
thank you all! ;D ;D ;D

Paypal would be great to set up if you can...just need the paypal email to send the money to.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 10:59:04 PM »

who's the cheapo who voted no? :o

Make that TWO cheap SOB's!!! How can someone say no to such an amazing organization. Those two people must not have kids, nieces, nephews, or any children whatsoever in their lives.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 11:02:24 PM »

It's just a poll, don't think too much of it. It could easily be a kid or two who clicked on it.

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 06:33:02 AM »

who's the cheapo who voted no?

It could easily be a kid or two who clicked on it.

so someone small... ::) Rod - how tall are you???  :D
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 06:43:28 PM »

so someone small... ::) Rod - how tall are you???  :D

Very funny... :P ;D

Alright folks, the donation feature is now online! Go to:

https://secure.operationsmile.org/site/Donation2?idb=1390060077&df_id=13603&13603.donation=form1&FR_ID=1510&PROXY_ID=21930&PROXY_TYPE=22

You need to donate minimum $5 to be entered in the fishing charter draw. Every $5 gets you an entry so the more you donate, the bigger chance that you will win!

To keep track on this fundraiser, please go to:

http://support.operationsmile.org/site/TR/Development/DonationPages/789931132?pg=team&fr_id=1510&team_id=21930

Many thanks to Rhino from M1 Innovations and Pacific Angler for letting us to be part of this. :)

rhino

• Old Timer
Re: Donate for chances to win a free salmon fishing charter!
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 07:35:29 PM »

Thank you Rodney for helping us put this together!
JasonTonelli and the boys from Pacific Angler were gracious to donate their time and services for such a great cause and we are excited to give back any way we can. Goes to show why we need more fishermen and women, you all are A1 type of people that are willing to help people and the environment at any given chance.

THANK YOU ALL!