Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 83231 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Is it blown out this morning?
I am sure it is.

CohoMan

• Old Timer

All rivers are blown and that includes Chehalis, Deroche, Inch Creek and the Vedder.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 10:36:31 AM by CohoMan »

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

Slesse creek is pumping brown water into the Chilliwack like crazy.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

All rivers are blown and that includes Chehalis, Deroche, Inch Creek and the Vedder.

Yes was mud at first light but now approaching a foot. Heading with the Master to a secret spot he says.Hope to have some video with my new camera if I figure it out.

The TOW'ers were getting fish in the mud, coho, while I was finding floats, including a few nice ones, Maple Leaf Drennans too thanks for those that keep donationing them to me. ;D

Found about a hundred floats of all sorts. Also a card of 8 pre tied hooks, leaders 6 feet long, a orange, apple and a lemon. ???

River maybe OK in the AM if the rain holds off.

fic

• Old Timer

Here's the short term forecast.  Tomorrow morning is not looking good.

Today
    Cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers. Windy. High 15 with temperature falling to 9 this afternoon.

Tonight
    Showers. Amount 10 to 20 mm. Temperature steady near 7.

Saturday
    Showers. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Temperature steady near 7.

clarki

• Old Timer

Not to be a pick@ss, but Inch Creek is never blown. I suspect you meant Norrish

FishingKing

Not to be a pick@ss, but Inch Creek is never blown. I suspect you meant Norrish

I was there today, both are blown and chocolate milk.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

Too much rain too fast sadly.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

clarki

• Old Timer

I was there today, both are blown and chocolate milk.

Inch Creek is spring fed and has its head at the hatchery. I repeat, it never is blown.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...

Any bets on how fishable it will be tomorrow (ie. Saturday)?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Any bets on how fishable it will be tomorrow (ie. Saturday)?
We had some heavy rain again last night but is fairly cool out now so may have come around, will give a report later .

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...

Thx Chris!  Drove all the way out from Burnaby last night and don't really want to do it again if conditions haven't improved.  Will try and await your update before I head out to pick up my Dad.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thx Chris!  Drove all the way out from Burnaby last night and don't really want to do it again if conditions haven't improved.  Will try and await your update before I head out to pick up my Dad.
Fishable now but heavy rain shower at the present. In the lower this AM, while getting floats I saw about 30 anglers in my circuit. One chap had a nice CO and said he caught a wild too, on a blade. Others reported chum activity. Snow down on the hills, on this crisp fall morning with winter on the way, along with the steelhead.  ;D

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

Fishable now but heavy rain shower at the present. In the lower this AM, while getting floats I saw about 30 anglers in my circuit. One chap had a nice CO and said he caught a wild too, on a blade. Others reported chum activity. Snow down on the hills, on this crisp fall morning with winter on the way, along with the steelhead.  ;D
When the real season will start. The salmon crowd will be long gone ,replaced with the diehard metalheads chasing silver ghosts. Bring it on! ;D

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season

When the real season will start. The salmon crowd will be long gone ,replaced with the diehard metalheads chasing silver ghosts. Bring it on! ;D

you sure about that? last year was a gong show...not as bad as the salmon season, but still bad at the usual gauntlets.