Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 88246 times)

Dave

• Old Timer

you sure about that? last year was a gong show...not as bad as the salmon season, but still bad at the usual gauntlets.
Exactly.
The only time this system is not crowded to above my personal and enjoyment levels at this stage of my angling life is mid November till mid December, sometimes also the end of April and, water conditions favourable, early May.  But of course, that's just me.

Dave, looking forward to November to try out a new switch :)

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!

Dave

You should be trying the switch now. Wouldn't want you to get caught with your pants down on some early chrome mykiss in november! ;)
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Dave

You should be trying the switch now. Wouldn't want you to get caught with your pants down on some early chrome mykiss in november! ;)
He pertty well has given up on fishing, spends too much time at the Long Table and reading about fish farms and our wild salmon hero Alex. ;D

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

you sure about that? last year was a gong show...not as bad as the salmon season, but still bad at the usual gauntlets.
Oh im sure. Dont fish the usual gauntlets and the salmon flossing fenceposters will be just a bad memory. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water condition excellent this AM. Fished for an hour and could not keep the chum off, some fresh run too. Landed 1 coho jack as a bonus.

Broke off chum #7 and had to chase the Maple Leaf Drennan a bit. Too wet to tie up so came home. ;D ;D

dcajaxs

clarity is good, some spots the the water is a bit high but that just means one needs to find different places to fish.

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome

Just got back from the river, clarity is 2ft and rising. Actually saw a bit of sun today :) only 2 coho today though :P ;D
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

Floater

• Old Timer

Water condition excellent this AM. Fished for an hour and could not keep the chum off, some fresh run too. Landed 1 coho jack as a bonus.

Broke off chum #7 and had to chase the Maple Leaf Drennan a bit. Too wet to tie up so came home. ;D ;D
I lost my Drennan of 3 years last night  :'( it was just like the "Wilson" scene from Cast away.
[

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

I lost my Drennan of 3 years last night  :'( it was just like the "Wilson" scene from Cast away.

:D :D

Clarki Hunter

Give Chris a few days and I'm sure he'll find it  ;) ;D

Jewelz

• I've got the bug

Fished the upper river near Borden Creek today around 9 to noon, water was clear, sun was shining and I managed to catch and release one chum. It was a little coloured so I let it go.
Peace. One. Jewelz.
"Who knew that fishing was this addicting..."

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

It felt like steelhead season this AM with a touch of Jack Frost and east wind but the river was prime. At first light, a take on nearly every cast before it stopped with less bites after the first 15 minutes.

It was chum city, with so many hungry for the roe sacks, fresh run chum too. Good to see a strong run this year, good for nutrients for the watershed.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

Any info on conditions? Might hit a few rivers tomorrow.

Thanks

noobfisher

Visibility less than a foot today, never seen so much flossing going on .... Riiiiiiiipppp.   >:(   Funny thing is that it was the people fishing ethically that were getting fish,  the snaggers trying to foul hook fish weren't getting anything except dirty looks.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 07:34:37 PM by noobfisher »

Sterling C

• Old Timer

Any info on conditions? Might hit a few rivers tomorrow.

Thanks

Conditions were primo today, with surprising little rain while I was out. Hit about 10 fish in about 3 hours.
Actions speak louder than words.