Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: 2012 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 83309 times)

LP89CG

the problem with low water is when they move they seem to bolt to the hatchery in record time, i suppose theres a real lack of "safe" areas for them to hold out in

I found one, but still no action. Hopefully that will change tomorrow :)

norm_2

What does the hatchery do with all those coho?

Dryfly22

They loaded them all up into totes today and give them to First Nations.

Ezio

• vedder sucks tell your friends.

There are a lot of fish, but they are the most active at night when they have the cover of the darkness to move through shallow sections, as soon as the sun starts to rise they find deep holes and hold till night again, with the water being so clear and shallow, the fish become spooked, and reluctant to move off the bottom or attack anything, the fish that you see surfacing are most likely male fish asserting dominance, (and possibly breaking the surface tension in calmer waters to feel more protected) hence why you will see fish surfacing, but not striking. And that is why fishing at first and last light is so effective compaired to mid day.

And has there been any reports from the last few days? My friend has been texting me while he was out there over the weekend, saying its been off and on for the last few days. I'm just curious as to how other people are fairing on the river.

oscar

Was out at first light this am, throwing fresh roe with the pin....nothing for the first hour. Changed it up to a silver colorado, and 2 fish on in 10 min.Half hour later hooked one drifting a #2 blue metallic blue fox.Took 1 hatchery buck home for the bbq... great morning.

Ezio

• vedder sucks tell your friends.

Awesome man that's good to hear! What size Colorado where you using if you don't mind me asking? Since I primarily use size 3 brass spinner blades for my colorado's (same shape as the blue fox blades) and I find I get more strikes from that then any of my silver colorado's with rounded blades.

And the last trip I was using a small tuff of light pink wool and a smaller patch of hot pink, the combination was a little smaller then my pinky nail and I used a size 4 hook, and I got into few fish with that. But I still haven't landed anything since I keep day dreaming then wind up getting startled and setting to hook to hard, and wind up with a poor hookset.

But I'm going to ride out in the early AM to go to the river for first light, and try again, I have to be rewarded sooner then later for my efforts.

oscar

Was using a #3 colorado, in the silver finish.I've been swapping all my hooks over to a sickle hook , seems to hold em' on a little better once hooked up.Definately a first-light-show... Good luck!

LP89CG

Looking at the extended forecast ... Rain coming on the 12th. That's a long time without rain.

Maybe the fishing will explode.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Hopefully we will not see this in a few weeks from now.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/blog/2012/10/04/the-calm-before-the-storm/

vancook

• Old Timer

Looking at the extended forecast ... Rain coming on the 12th. That's a long time without rain.

Maybe the fishing will explode.
hopefully thats a day of actual rain and not just trace amounts.
i do hope it rains for the fishs' sake as well, they cant hold out forever waiting for the rain

islanddude

Be happy you have water in the Vedder.There was an article on the Weather Network about the Cowichan River on Vancouver Island. There is next to no water in the system and it could run dry if they do not get a significant amout of rain fall soon.

farky

If you check out the weather networks forecast,it's supposed to rain all next week

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

If you check out the weather networks forecast,it's supposed to rain all next week
Lets enjoy this week then, who will be the first to say, turn the taps off once the deluge starts?

Brian the fisherman

Lets enjoy this week then, who will be the first to say, turn the taps off once the deluge starts?
everyone with out a boat  ;D
Tight lines to all
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15