Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, September 26th 2012  (Read 1847 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Chilliwack River, September 26th 2012
« on: September 26, 2012, 09:53:50 PM »

Not as much action today as yesterday but landed a nice spring jack on the second cast of the day. I think switching to the Maple Leaf Drennan has turned things around the last two days.Fished about 20 minutes and then took the Leaf Craft in for a tune up as she has not found the water in 2 years.

Slipped back for an hour in the afternoon after also doing some BC Rivers Day things and missed 3 good chances. Sure like fishing the conditions we have now and the weather is great too. I think tomorrow will be good.

Was rewarded with some nice floats as well, must remember to bring some as give aways to BCRD on Sunday.

Brian the fisherman

Re: Chilliwack River, September 26th 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 11:47:53 AM »

Thanks for the report Chris, i too am enjoying the beautiful weather, fishing this time of year has never been so beautiful for me.

Tight lines to all

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 08:50:19 AM »

"then took the Leaf Craft in for a tune up as she has not found the water in 2 years."

So you leave it to the truck to find the fish? Why not close your eyes, drop a timbit on a map of the river and fish where it lands?

another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 11:10:39 AM »

So you leave it to the truck to find the fish? Why not close your eyes, drop a timbit on a map of the river and fish where it lands?

:D

Buck_wife

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 12:44:20 PM »

Get your info straight  ;) leaf craft = boat, leaf mobile = truck (aka "all purpose storage for things no longer useful")

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 03:44:01 PM »

Get your info straight  ;) leaf craft = boat, leaf mobile = truck (aka "all purpose storage for things no longer useful")

Hey Cathy, he dunged it out and actually WASHED it, all to pack stuff up to the clubhouse for River's Day!  None of us recognized the LM until the damn Salmon are Sacred logos were visible in the distance ;D
Give it a few days and all will be right with the LM; scary really because he has an empty truck to fill ;)

Buck_wife

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 10:07:43 PM »

lol! that is scary.... :o
I saw the picture he emailed and I had to look twice at the back of the truck!! Quite shocked at how civilized it was  :)