Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, September 29th 2012  (Read 2925 times)

FishingKing

Chilliwack River, September 29th 2012
« on: September 29, 2012, 03:38:56 PM »

went out today, started fishing at first light. Landed a jack, adult spring and a nice doe chum. Made up for today's roe  ;D bite was off by 9am
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 05:39:22 PM by FishingKing »

Bandit420

Re: Chilliwack River, September 29th 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »

Nice work!
If you're not fishing, you're not living!

1son

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »

Great job fishing king  ::)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 09:30:11 PM »

Getting ready for BC Rivers Day kept me off the river except from 7:30 to 8:30 or so and missed the main bite I think but barbed 2 fish and missed 4 others the take was so sutle at times it is hard to hook them or am just getting slow on the hook set?.

It was so nice to see a good number of coho jumping some silver bullets too. ;D

Got a bad time from Dave for packing a net. First a lawn chair now a net, what is happening to me. ;D ;D

I asked him why he was just walking the trail instead of fishing. I do not think I got an answer, maybe too much time on the computer. ;D ;D

Seeing so many nice fish in the AM I had to get out for 30 minutes before dark but only foul hooked a chum that I broke off. Was good to fish beside Peter for a bit, hope he makes the Abby Heat hockey team. I told him I wish he was with the Marlies as being a Leaf adviser it would be nice to have him on the Leaf squad in a few years. ;D ;D

Hope to see  few of you a BbC Rivers day tomorrow after you catch a coho or 2.

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 09:38:46 PM »

Was out as well for the last few hours of daylight and it was a little quieter then normal with the numbers of fish. Managed a spring jack, which I released, and a hatch coho, so it wasn't all that bad ;D

The tin at my feet was part of a small garbage collection I had, not my litter. Always river cleanup day for me :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:40:40 PM by Steely »
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 10:05:22 PM »

Good man and worth 5 cents too. ;D ;D

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 10:17:12 PM »

Good man and worth 5 cents too. ;D ;D
Yep, also found a couple of floats too. Sorry, two less for you ;D
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

Hooks_of_Fury

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 09:07:25 AM »

Dont know where all these fish are because i fished all over the river yesterday from top to bottom and the only fish i saw were left over sockeye and springs up river. The canal and mid river were dead with a million skunked guys crawling everywhere. Is it fred himself writing all these bs reports

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 09:30:24 AM »

Are you sure your fishing the vedder? I sat and watched before i packed up the RV and i saw lots of fishing moving,coho,chums and springs :)

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 09:34:04 AM »

because of the lack of rain and the lower river conditions the fish are'nt coming in mass numbers so fishing will be harder.triying to find any kind of holding water will be just as hard as its the weekend and more people will be out as well.
We were on the flow early yesterday morning and couldn't find any decent holding water with out any people there allready,so we did a lot of exploring fished a couple of runs that were vacant of people and fish.Did see a fair amount of fish moving through some runs and tons of jumpers but no takers as once the sun hit the water the infamous switch was tunrned off.
We managed to get into this one paticular run where we seen a fair number of fish taken in the morning as we walked in we ran into some fishermen  and asked hows fishing..............response it slowed right down and thier not bite anything,we fished this run for an hour with no luck for the four of us  and to boot haveing the fish taunting us for the time we were there.

scruffy

FishingKing

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 12:55:11 PM »

The river is low, find a good whole and fish it with roe at first light or last light. The bite usually turns off at about 9am due to low clear water. Once it rains fishing should be a lot better throughout the whole day.

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 01:44:51 PM »

The water hasn't been this low for quite some time.  This time last year the water was much higher and in ideal condition.  Bite periods are very short, less than an hour on most days whereas last year we had a flury of action for a few hours after first light.  Now, low clear water like this wouldn't be a problem if we were talking about a remote stream or river that sees little or no pressure but the Vedder is certainly far from that.  Also, for some reason, some people like to start fishing even when its too dark to see their float thus  spooking the fish earlier.  Sure they are within the one hour before sunrise rule but what's the point?  They aren't using roe so there is no scent to attract the fish.  All they are doing is foul hooking them and spooking the pool for the rest of us.  Even one hour before sunrise is too dark to fish.  Some people need to use some common sense.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 04:19:09 PM »

I was out the last couple days as well, fishing had noticably slowed down the last couple days compared to last week.  Only hooked 7 coho, a couple spring jacks and a couple springs the last few days. Took today off fishing to sleep in, clean the garage and work on some bait.  I've found that if you walk a lot and explore this year you will find some smaller spots that will hold biting fish for a couple mins anyways before the turn off..  Doesn't take much to have em shut their mouths or buggar off.  Even just some cloud cover helps.. But "some" rain would be good to.  :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 05:41:53 PM »

Even one hour before sunrise is too dark to fish.  Some people need to use some common sense.

that is not all that common anymore it seems,
  Even just some cloud cover helps.. But "some" rain would be good to.  :)
i guess with all the sun we've had lately putting the top up in the car is not so bad,man i miss mine.