Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Has anyone been to the Chehalis at all?  (Read 8079 times)

fishyfish

Has anyone been to the Chehalis at all?
« on: October 17, 2012, 12:46:51 AM »

Has anyone been to the Chehalis at all?

Joey

Re: Has anyone been to the Chehalis at all?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 06:59:08 AM »

It has been producing a fair bit of fish.There are a few pools below the bible camp or from the camp ground side.Eggs is the ticket.Good luck

joshhowat

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 07:14:43 AM »

How about you drive out there yourself and find out how it's doing don't be so cheap it's only time and gas.
Eat, Sleep, Fish.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 07:47:42 AM »

Be nice.....   it's a valid question and one of the reasons we are reading these discussions.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 09:13:51 AM »

How about you drive out there yourself and find out how it's doing don't be so cheap it's only time and gas.

Agreed.  Sick and tired of people fishing at home on the internet instead of going out there to find out for themselves.  Don't want to waste gas? too bad, many of us have spent our time and money to go look ourselves.  I was a newbie once as well and didn't have anyone tell me what was going on. 

The chehalis is not what it once was ever since the river diverted away from the hatchery.  Limited spots to fish and most require a long and sometimes dangerous hike up into the Canyon.  Check out the reports in the REPORTS SECTION.  You think someone would post how they did in the General Discussion area?  There's a reason why you need a minimum amount of posts before you can access that part of the site.  Its so that internet lurkers don't get free info without contributing.

Its only Mid October.  The Vedder is far from done.  I was still taking out limits from the Vedder this time last year. 

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 10:25:57 AM »

The Vedder is far from done. 

X2

In fact, I'd venture to say that the best is yet to come for those who really FISH. With the water levels up, miles of fishable water have opened up, as opposed to the limited number of productive holes when the water was low. Sure, the snaggers will have to work harder to get their fish as the fish won't be stacked in a few holes like they were in September and earlier this month.

As for the Chehalis, that river is a gem for the adventurous types. I did the canyon a few times in the past, and every time I was rewarded with my limit of coho. Sadly, the canyon is too much to ask of my body these days.
I understand Stratocaster's frustration with the OP, as many people have become so lazy and feel so entitled to free online information that there is not even a hint of politeness or kindness in the opening post. Some people feel that a discussion forum is like ask.com, where you just post a question and hope like crazy that a kind soul who knows the answer will read it and take the time to reply.

To fishyfish and all others who would like to mine this community for nuggets of information: be polite, use a greeting in your opening post, give us a little background, be specific, and I am sure that many of us who have been on these fora for 10 or more years will feel compelled to write a reply.

The way your question was worded, fishyfish, deserves only this answer: "Yes, I have."

fishyfish

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 11:49:08 AM »

Thank you all for your wonderful feedback. It was much appreciated.  ;)

salmonlover

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 11:52:26 AM »

Agreed.  Sick and tired of people fishing at home on the internet instead of going out there to find out for themselves.  Don't want to waste gas? too bad, many of us have spent our time and money to go look ourselves.  I was a newbie once as well and didn't have anyone tell me what was going on. 

The chehalis is not what it once was ever since the river diverted away from the hatchery.  Limited spots to fish and most require a long and sometimes dangerous hike up into the Canyon.  Check out the reports in the REPORTS SECTION.  You think someone would post how they did in the General Discussion area?  There's a reason why you need a minimum amount of posts before you can access that part of the site.  Its so that internet lurkers don't get free info without contributing.

Its only Mid October.  The Vedder is far from done.  I was still taking out limits from the Vedder this time last year. 

if you're so sick and tired of home fishing....why bother responding at all? Just simply ignore the post. What gives you the right berate this individual? He asked a fair and valid question and gets two ignorant comments. You talk about contributing...well nothing about being a troll contributes to any forum. A lot of people here need to grow up and start respecting one another. that's what im sick and tired of :)

fishbandit66

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 12:14:56 PM »

A lot of people here need to grow up and start respecting one another. that's what im sick and tired of :)

Couldnt agree more. And its not just on this forum either. I had peaceful my day on the river basically ruined yesterday by some opinionated know it all who imposed his views on everything - what brand of reel I should be using, how to make the best roe, how many 100s of fish he catches,  how flossers should be lined up and shot, how DFO are even worse than the flossers for not enforcing the rules etc etc. I couldnt help smiling when DFO turned up not 10 minutes later!

Say what you want, Ill take a mind their own business flosser over an opinionated **** any day of the week.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 12:20:18 PM »

A lot of people here need to grow up and start respecting one another. that's what im sick and tired of :)

Respect needs to be earned; it is not something to be given freely. ;)

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 12:22:10 PM »

So you are calling me a troll?  I've been on this site since Rod started it.  I've given tons of advice to the Newbies out there on techniques on how they can improve their fishing, What to use, type of water to look for, when to go etc..  forgive me if I'm not willing to actually catch fish for you.  

Why bother responding?  Maybe because I can? Maybe because I want to express my opinion. Just like you can respond to my post.  Why are you responding?  

My words may have been a bit harsh but too many questions like these are ask on this board:

"any fish at scale bar"?

"Any body fish the Nicomekl?

Like Milo says, a simple introduction about yourself would be helpful.  Maybe provide your email so that if someone wanted to help they can email the info.  

salmonlover

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 12:36:13 PM »

Respect needs to be earned; it is not something to be given freely. ;)

to clarify I didnt think your comment was ignorant. i was referring to the one above about being cheap and spending money on gas.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 12:39:53 PM »

people dont want to give out such info on this forum. this post has only 10 post yet 320 views.

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 12:42:18 PM »

Come on guys lets be civil here.

Anyways, Chehalis, what is that?  :D ;D

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 12:54:51 PM »

to clarify I didnt think your comment was ignorant. i was referring to the one above about being cheap and spending money on gas.

That's OK.

I was a bit miffed that you took it out on Strat as he sure is one of the most knowledgeable individuals on this forum, who is always willing to chip in his 2 cents worth.  Forgive him (or me or anyone else) for being a bit cranky on any given day. We are human beings after all, and this is a DISCUSSION forum, not a Q&A's website. Hey, even i have been at the receiving end of the guitar man when he didn't like what I said. It is OK to let our emotions seep into the discussion, as it adds to the dynamics of the thread, and as long as it doesn't cross the line of what is acceptable (which I don't think happened in this particular case), it's all good.

There is an unpleasant side to the real world out there beyond the boundaries of the Internet, and there is no harm in fishyfish or anyone else experiencing a bit of it every now and then.  A cranky old Stratocaster who'd rather be fishing than working is sure not the most pleasant thing to show up on your screen, but hey, it could be much worse - it could be Chris telling us how successful the flossers have been (again!) as opposed to the guys ethically short-floating bait. :P

Lighten up everyone and go get 'em. It's the peak of the season and it doesn't get better than this.  :)

Anyways, Chehalis, what is that?  :D ;D
It's a city in Washington state, you ignorant arse! :D
 ;)

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 01:00:05 PM by milo »