Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, November 4th 2012  (Read 3613 times)

dmoney

Chilliwack River, November 4th 2012
« on: November 05, 2012, 11:28:46 AM »

I spent a few hours in the upper river yesterday, the river was in excellent shape with 36"+ visibility. Fair number of coho around, hooked two, landed zreo :-[

landed many chum, some quite bright for that distance up river. It was pouring rain as I drove home so I'm sure the clarity is down from yesterday but it was beautiful out there.

D$

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Chilliwack River, November 4th 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 08:23:09 PM »

Since nobody wants to comment on this I didnt want my buddy to feel this wasnt appreciated.

So I have one word for you....TIDDLERS!!!

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

dmoney

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 10:10:02 AM »

LOL thanks bobo, but you are the tiddler king!

My report got no replies because it was short, vague, and had no pics, in other words, it's a pretty crappy report  :)

Bandit420

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 11:47:40 AM »

Good report was similar to my outing on sunday. it went like this... hatchery coho bonked, chum, chum, chum, chum, wild coho, chum, chum, female chum bonked, chum, chum and more chums.
If you're not fishing, you're not living!

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 01:08:48 PM »

Good report was similar to my outing on sunday. it went like this... hatchery coho bonked, chum, chum, chum, chum, wild coho, chum, chum, female chum bonked, chum, chum and more chums.

My report is this: Hatchery coho, and then like 9 chums all of whom went "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzSNAP" into the current, and several more which i broke off voluntarily as I became tired of chasing them down the river bank.

lapa

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 02:34:53 PM »

My report is this: Hatchery coho, and then like 9 chums all of whom went "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzSNAP" into the current, and several more which i broke off voluntarily as I became tired of chasing them down the river bank.
do you need hooks? ;) ;D

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 04:32:38 PM »

lol i'm good for hooks, but I need jig heads!

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 10:35:59 PM »

LOL thanks bobo, but you are the tiddler king!

My report got no replies because it was short, vague, and had no pics, in other words, it's a pretty crappy report  :)

Your report was fine Dman, one doesn't have to include pics to have a complete report. I think it's great that you posted at all. And I think of the many hundreds of views on your post if 10% posted their reports instead of just flossing for one we would have a much larger viewership (can I say that ?) and a more interesting reading section.

Thanks for posting !!!!

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 06:21:04 AM »

I had a carbon copy experience the same day.So take it for what it is worth.Last summer I spent a day on the upper short floating roe and had hundreds of lurkers but not one reply to my report.I just chalked it up to the fervor  bottom bouncers on the Fraser were being slagged with.Oh yah I also caught and released a 15 lb spring as well.
Riverman

SpringMaster

• Fish is on...life is good!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 09:31:19 AM »

Just a a quick note in defense of "some" of those who read and don't post: Most of us don't get a chance to go out and enjoy a full day or even few hours of fishing.  So we just end up reading about those lucky guys who do go while we sit here envying them.  At least this is the fact in my case  ;D
As soon as I'll have another day at the river - hopefully before Christmas - I'll have a report and maybe even some photos as a "picture worth a 1000 words" saving on words I have to say :D
Thanks to all those who report as it gives us (me) some level of comfort reading about fishing.
I can report on my work at the office just to make those who go out fishing enjoy their fishing even more!  Should I?  :D
Cheers.
<º))))><`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

<º))))><      Always        sharpen        your          hooks! <º))))><·.¸¯ ¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸<º))))><.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

kindalonismo

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 09:37:37 PM »

Just a a quick note in defense of "some" of those who read and don't post: Most of us don't get a chance to go out and enjoy a full day or even few hours of fishing.  So we just end up reading about those lucky guys who do go while we sit here envying them.  At least this is the fact in my case  ;D
As soon as I'll have another day at the river - hopefully before Christmas - I'll have a report and maybe even some photos as a "picture worth a 1000 words" saving on words I have to say :D
Thanks to all those who report as it gives us (me) some level of comfort reading about fishing.
I can report on my work at the office just to make those who go out fishing enjoy their fishing even more!  Should I?  :D
Cheers.

Damn work getting in the way of perfectly good fishing time...well said! I live vicariously through other fisherman, TV shows and youtube clips to get my fix when work takes over  ;D

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 10:00:34 PM »

Damn work getting in the way of perfectly good fishing time...well said! I live vicariously through other fisherman, TV shows and youtube clips to get my fix when work takes over  ;D

You poor,poor fools ;D I love my job :D

Green Horn

• beat the water..til the fish crawl out to ya!!
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 06:59:26 AM »

I too have to work...and these reports sure make me feel good!! NEVER think your reports suck....because I for one...luv short and sweet....there's a joke here...but I better keep it clean!!

;D
The Green Horn