Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, February 7th 2013  (Read 1180 times)

fishbuster

Chilliwack River, February 7th 2013
« on: February 07, 2013, 05:56:36 PM »

Well I wish I was able to tell an exciting story about the big one I caught or the one that got away.  Unfortunately the day was again uneventful.  Saw no fish all morning.  Fished till 11:30.   The nice morning on the river made the day worth it.  I'm sure I'm over my 1000th cast since the last one was hooked.  That's fishin.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, February 7th 2013
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 08:39:29 PM »

Well I wish I was able to tell an exciting story about the big one I caught or the one that got away.  Unfortunately the day was again uneventful.  Saw no fish all morning.  Fished till 11:30.   The nice morning on the river made the day worth it.  I'm sure I'm over my 1000th cast since the last one was hooked.  That's fishin.
Next time try the afternoon as it seems to be better then by a number of accounts. I have hooked all mine after noon, though only have found 6 so far in maybe 20 trips. By all reports I would call it a slow season but there is so many people fishing and all the good runs get fished heavily every day so it makes it more challenging.

farky

Re: Chilliwack River, February 7th 2013
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 09:02:04 PM »

I have hooked all but 3 of the 10 fish i have found in the afternoon. The very first was my only hatch on boxing day around 2 pm, so far i am riding a streak of 5 straight wilds to hand. Guess the 4 that got away were the keepers. But have talked to many regulars, and they all say it is slow out there. Found a nice wild buck at around 1: 30 this afternoon.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:04:16 PM by farky »