Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Broken Rod out of Warranty  (Read 1782 times)

bluenoser

Broken Rod out of Warranty
« on: August 29, 2013, 08:04:07 AM »

The other week I took my daughter to Squamish and we had loads of fun catching pinks. We had a great day with the only kicker being that I broke my flyrod which is a 4 piece just above where the 3rd and 4th piece join.

I was thinking of getting it repaired as its out of warranty coverage and instead emailed the manufacturer to see if they could sell me the section which broke. They emailed me back in a couple hours and gave me the phone number for parts and I was able to purchase that section for 25% of what the rod cost new.

If you've broken a rod and its out of warranty coverage it might be worth a try to see if you can purchase the broken part instead of getting it repaired.

Bluenoser

typhoon

• Old Timer
Re: Broken Rod out of Warranty
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 08:31:01 AM »

Good to hear. Which manufacturer?

tburns

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 09:17:51 AM »

How long ago did you buy it and where did you buy it from?

Sale of Goods act of BC

section 18
(c) there is an implied condition that the goods will be durable for a reasonable period of time having regard to the use to which they would normally be put and to all the surrounding circumstances of the sale or lease;

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/00_96410_01#section18

bluenoser

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 11:27:40 AM »

Okuma rod which I bought while on vacation 2 years ago in Oregon. Im not absolutely crazy about the rod as it doesnt behave the same as my 2 piece rods when you load up for a decent length cast but I've got a bum shoulder anyway and hardly ever cast more than 50 ft. I wanted an affordale 4 piece and this fit the bill.

Bluenoser