Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, September 18th 2013  (Read 4135 times)

Drewhill

Re: Tidal Fraser River, September 18th 2013
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 12:20:50 PM »

Nice fish, cohoaaron. A nice surprise while fishing for pinkies. I can see you come by your name honestly. ;D

I'm taking a risk here b/c whenever some guy posts a fish pic he gets jumped on for the fish being too mature or dark, poor handling...  However, let me say (and I have said it before on this forum) that I think it is irresponsible to take photos of fish that you intend to release when you are the angler and the photographer. Especially when it appears that the fish is posed on wet sand.

I have no problem with wild fish that are quickly lifted out of water for a shot when another person is operating the camera, but when you are the solo angler/photographer, I think it's more important to get that fish on it's way as quickly as possible than to leave the fish lying there while you take a picture.

And yes, I live in a glass house. I am previously guilty of artfully posing wild cutthroat next to my rod for a pic...  But I am reformed :)

I totally get the desire to photograph a prize wild catch, however I believe that is best left for when you have a partner.

Again, nice fish. Congrats.

He could have taken this pic quicker than a guy holding a fish.

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 05:18:57 PM »

Looks like a nice little jack Coho, based on the size of the boot in the picture...got 1 of those today myself.

cohoaaron

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 07:07:32 PM »

Looks like a nice little jack Coho, based on the size of the boot in the picture...got 1 of those today myself.
it sure looks that way from the photo but this was a bit big to be a jack (i thought it was an adult pink when it first showed itself) , i guess a wierd camera angle or something  ???

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 08:00:10 PM »

Sandman loves it when Hooks refers to himself in the third person while turning the screws on fellow forum members.

Hook loves it when Sandman loves his comments  ;D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2013, 09:23:06 PM »

it sure looks that way from the photo but this was a bit big to be a jack (i thought it was an adult pink when it first showed itself) , i guess a wierd camera angle or something  ???

That fish wouldn't even qualify for an early Cap coho, its a Jack but a beauty for sure.