Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roe thieves  (Read 8478 times)

dave c

Roe thieves
« on: October 12, 2013, 06:28:43 PM »

Maybe I should post this in lost found stolen forum.  I was at the crossing today and landed a fresh doe chum.  I bonked, bled her and then put a stick through her gills and drove in into the gravel in some back water. I then continued fishing for another hour or so hoping to get some red meat.  When I decided to pack it in I was shocked to see the chum gone! The stick was up on the shore.  As I headed back to my vehicle I found the chum on the trail gutted, roe gone.  I thought I had seen everything. What a classless move!!!

brownmancheng

Re: Roe thieves
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 07:00:49 PM »

Did u take the fish back?

dave c

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 07:04:18 PM »

Did u take the fish back?
As I was planning to feed it to my dogs, yes I did. 

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 07:09:29 PM »

that's so low, i can't help but laugh...don't worry, karma can be the biggest bitch.

brownmancheng

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 07:45:33 PM »

I guess either way it wouldn't go to waste but that sucks. Sometimes I wonder about ppl.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 09:07:55 PM »

I hate how this time of year its all about the berries so you can catch more coho. I live by the theory if you cant catch enough fish to sustain your roe habit then you should have to buy fresh frozen roe and cure it OR buy pre cured.

HOOK - will be buying some roe if I don't get a couple more doe's next time out  :)
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 09:24:37 PM »

ANY ONE WHO CLEANS THERE FISH AND HAS NO USE FOR THE EGGS, PLEASE PLACE NEATLY ON THE ROCKS ALONG THE SHORE. You may save a few lives doing so.
The Bigger The Better!

yakideath12

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 10:04:54 PM »

ANY ONE WHO CLEANS THERE FISH AND HAS NO USE FOR THE EGGS, PLEASE PLACE NEATLY ON THE ROCKS ALONG THE SHORE. You may save a few lives doing so.

Roe will b with you

Amen

Suther

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »

Can't trust people no more...

Fish goes into my cooler ASAP. If an A-hole isn't going to steal it, a bird or something else might try.

Really pisses you off to see they just tossed the fish away though. If they are going to steal from you, at least use the whole damn fish! Glad you could still grab it for the dogs.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 11:06:06 PM »

Seagulls will thank you

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 01:34:27 AM »

Seagulls will thank you

I found some roe placed neatly on the rocks the other day, thanks hutch  ;D

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 06:28:21 AM »

The way I interpret this is that you bonked a chum only because you wanted the roe and the fish was going to the dog regardless...right ??

If so I have zero sympathy for you, even though it's a shame that people would stoop this low, you know, kinda like killing something just for the sake of getting some roe and feeding the rest to the mutt when it's perfectly good food, especially smoked.  ;)

Suther

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 09:54:58 AM »

The way I interpret this is that you bonked a chum only because you wanted the roe and the fish was going to the dog regardless...right ??

If so I have zero sympathy for you, even though it's a shame that people would stoop this low, you know, kinda like killing something just for the sake of getting some roe and feeding the rest to the mutt when it's perfectly good food, especially smoked.  ;)

He didn't want to eat the fish himself, but he was planning on fully utilizing the fish. In my books, thats practically as good as if he was going to eat it.

RiverRunner

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 10:03:05 AM »

He didn't want to eat the fish himself, but he was planning on fully utilizing the fish. In my books, thats practically as good as if he was going to eat it.

Dogs gotta eat to, I have no issue with feeding fish to dogs.

dave c

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 10:56:14 AM »

First of all Pal. My dogs are not Mutts.  In fact they are members of the family. Two labs that would put a smile on your face if u saw them at the river with me.  Our vet has encouraged us to feed them salmon as they both have skin issues.  I quite often smoke my chum and any fish I kill do not go to waste and fyi my mutts also get indulge in coho, red spring etc.