Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stave River, November 9th 2013  (Read 4946 times)

wonder

Re: Stave River, November 9th 2013
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 05:03:16 PM »

All the chrome ones were in slow water fishing shallow they come up and strike it. Went back today we both got our 2 chromers and a dark wild coho covered in gill net marks

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2013, 05:05:50 PM »

Also, fishing a short jig, maybe 3 feet from float to weight will force the fresher fish to come up and take it where the stale fish tend to be lazy and not make the effort to come up.

Humpy

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 05:57:55 PM »

Ok Thanks, and how do I time my trip with the tide, do I want to be there for high tide or how does it work? Thanks for the advice. I think I was fishing about 5 ft total(3 ft from float to weight and 2 ft from weight to hook). My float was going down but the fish that took it were coloured, nobody was really getting into very clean fish, I think I took home the nicest one from the spot I was fishing. Where about do you tend you tend to fish?
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2013, 06:16:46 PM »

Ok Thanks, and how do I time my trip with the tide, do I want to be there for high tide or how does it work? Thanks for the advice. I think I was fishing about 5 ft total(3 ft from float to weight and 2 ft from weight to hook). My float was going down but the fish that took it were coloured, nobody was really getting into very clean fish, I think I took home the nicest one from the spot I was fishing. Where about do you tend you tend to fish?

I will check when the tide is at its lowest and what time it will start to rise, then will check what time it peaks. When the tide starts to rise is when the fish come up. Also add about 2-3 hours from New West.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 12:01:39 AM »

Have any of you guys tried to float fish jigs at the tidal Fraser? I was at Leader Bar below Port Mann 2 weeks ago. Lots of chum rising but they ignored the spinners and spoons retrieved without float. If they bite jig under float in slow flow, perhaps they will bite in tidal Fraser near shore where it is shallow and slow. What is the size of jigs best for float fishing and do you use some pencil lead to help casting or just straight jig only? I have some 1/4 oz ones but they may be too light to cast with bait caster reel. Sorry one last question for chromer chum. Do you have to fish near the mouth to the Fraser to get these fresh chum when you fish the tide? Often where most guys are fishing below the dam around the island are nothing but boots. It is rare to catch fresh ones there.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:14:41 AM by liketofish »

Humpy

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 10:05:50 AM »

Unless you have a boat, I find it difficult to access the lower area. If you time it with the tide, I assume the fresh fish will move through there. As for the fraser, if you can cast far enough it could work, when I float fish the smaller rivers, I use pencil weight.

brandooner

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 10:17:27 AM »

might have to put in one more day there!
The Fishin' Musician!

Brian the fisherman

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 07:18:02 PM »

Did you get sick after eating those rotten fish?
Tight lines to all

Humpy

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2013, 08:59:52 PM »

Did you get sick after eating those rotten fish?
Some of them aren't to bad, I kept 3 from there, they tasted just fine. Just have to time your outing with the tide. There are still fresh ones in there.