Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: excuses for their actions  (Read 8323 times)

rustybee

Re: excuses for their actions
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 07:53:48 AM »

My personal favourite... "I didn't know".

Fishing Squamish yesterday and these to older anglers (sounded like they were from HK) plopped themselves in between us. Yeah. Okay. Whatever. They fish for an couple of hours, snagging and foul hooking everything in sight. My buddy and I eventually gave up since they were spooking all the fishes and moved further down river. I see in the distance one of the "gentlemen" haul in a fish, drag it 10 yards onto the rocks and proceeded to assault it with a branch. I yelled at him and took a stroll over. Meantime, he throws the dead fish (an unspawned doe) back into the river. Comes up with the "I didn't know... you can't keep" excuse. 

WTF?

CoastRider

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 09:16:35 AM »

"You can't keep that (chum in a system with no chum retention)"

"No, No, its okay. I like all fish"

zap brannigan

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 09:21:30 AM »

thats a wild coho,

no its just a chrome pink.

MoeJKU

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 11:48:52 AM »

When the beak pretends he knows everything.

"This one is forsure a hatchery, they just forgot to clip the fin. you can tell because he didn't fight like a wild."

bunnta

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 02:48:33 PM »

When a beak foul hooks every single fish and tells you fishing is slow, nothing is biting.

you proceed to throw a cast and get a fish in the mouth and they say, its foul hooked and you show them where it is hooked. They say your lucky but you continue fishing with more fish hooked in the mouth and they just pack up and leave.

purple monster

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 03:57:59 PM »

Uh h??  its not mine!

bbwong

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 04:14:38 PM »

My personal favourite... "Nice fishes, it must be a honey hole".

Flyfishing Vedder last month with my friend and there is a gear guy come by saw we kept some fishes and said " nice fishes, it must be a honey hole"(no accent, sounded like he is a local born.) he keeps talking friendly with his smiling face and plopped himself in between us and start casting. Yeah. Okay. Whatever. He fish for an couple of hours, snagging and foul hooking everything in sight. My buddy and I eventually gave up since they was spooking all the fishes and moved further down river. I see in the distance this "gentlemen" haul in a hatchery coho, drag it 10 yards onto the rocks and proceeded to assault it with a rock. "it is foul hooked!" I yelled at him . Meantime, he throws the coho into a plastic bag. Comes up with the "It is a hatchery, I bet you guys are easier floss them with your fly line". I then pull out my cellphone and called DFO.

rustybee

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 04:57:06 PM »

My personal favourite... "Nice fishes, it must be a honey hole".

Flyfishing Vedder last month with my friend and there is a gear guy come by saw we kept some fishes and said " nice fishes, it must be a honey hole"(no accent, sounded like he is a local born.) he keeps talking friendly with his smiling face and plopped himself in between us and start casting. Yeah. Okay. Whatever. He fish for an couple of hours, snagging and foul hooking everything in sight. My buddy and I eventually gave up since they was spooking all the fishes and moved further down river. I see in the distance this "gentlemen" haul in a hatchery coho, drag it 10 yards onto the rocks and proceeded to assault it with a rock. "it is foul hooked!" I yelled at him . Meantime, he throws the coho into a plastic bag. Comes up with the "It is a hatchery, I bet you guys are easier floss them with your fly line". I then pull out my cellphone and called DFO.

I would have zipped a couple of flies across his face as a suggestion to buzz off....

MetalAndFeathers

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 06:04:03 PM »

Here is my favorite
"Oh i didnt know but its dead already"
also"Hey buddy cant keep that one"  "no engrish"     
The funniest of all when you see them with there limit(or over)and yo asked them what they were biting on and they show you a barbed treble and they say"the fish werent hungry but i was"

deevo3vp

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2013, 07:05:42 PM »

Me-Excuse me guys, your fishing illegally.   Your not allowed to snag fish.  If you continue I will have to call DFO
Guy#1- This isnt illegal, look I have no fish
Guy#2- Shrugs, no english

Me- you are fishing 50-65 lb braid, a 3-4oz bouncing betty, 30-40lb mono leader at 8-10ft, a giant barbed hook with nothing on it (wool) and a weight crimped on above the hook.

Guys- continue to rip through the pool.

I call dfo and the ask for their license plate number, I said id find out.

Guy#1-packs up with both guys gear and walks to road heading west.

I follow him a safe distance back.  He looks back to see if im following and speeds up.  I then go east and catch guy#2 with big rotten spring and a garbage bag full of fish.  I could not see if the were wild or hatch.  I memorized license plate and this is what I get from guy#2 he spoke no english.

"Who do you think you are, the police?"
Me-no but we need to police ourselves on the water as dfo cannot be everywhere to ensure the regs are being abided by.
"What regulations? Do you make the regulation?"
Me- no I do not make the regulations.  They are set by dfo.
"Who is this dfo?"

I explain what dfo is and he had no idea who dfo was.  He was extremely mad but it needs to end.

The precurser to me saying anything was a nice guy was telling me he was there at 530 waiting for first light and these guys already had fish killed.  He explained that the weekend prior he ran into the same guys at the same spot. He gave them roe and showed them how to fish with bait.  Apparently the roe wasnt working.

Outdoorsman

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2013, 08:38:14 PM »

The good ol no English. Don't know how many times we all have heard that one hey? Good to hear people actually calling others out though about there actions! Needs to be more of that!

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »

lol! "Who is this dfo?"

Steve27

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 09:33:01 PM »

Me-Hey buddy what kind of fish is that ? Never seen a fish with teeth on its butt.
Other guy- Your all just jealous I'm the only one catching fish.