Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, January 5th 2014  (Read 4275 times)

CohoMan

• Old Timer
Chilliwack River, January 5th 2014
« on: January 05, 2014, 06:41:05 PM »

Went out today with my buddy Khim. We got to Bergman around 8:00am to find 15 guys fishing it already. Well, what to do. We decided to walk up to Brown thinking maybe Lickman. No such luck as 15-20 people were hunting there too.

Drove down river to the bird sanctuary to find only 2 cars. Yeah, room to fish. As we came around the bend, we saw 20 people fishing that run. What the heck??!!!! These were fishermen that parked the train bridge and walked down to the bird sanctuary run.

It was about 10:00 with all these walking and driving around. We then gave it one more try and went down to the canal. Saw a guy bar fishing and apparently he has got 3 so far this season. Maybe I should turn into a bar fisherman too.

Fished for about an hour down the canal with nothing to show but cold fingers.

yoda

Re: Chilliwack River, January 5th 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 06:55:02 PM »

Thank's for the report coho man. Going out tomorrow. Trigger finger is getting real itchy.
Hope to have something to report.

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 07:19:06 PM »

Hope so. Looks like someone did catch one on Fred's facebook account.

Silex-user

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 10:37:04 PM »

Went out today with my buddy Khim. We got to Bergman around 8:00am to find 15 guys fishing it already. Well, what to do. We decided to walk up to Brown thinking maybe Lickman. No such luck as 15-20 people were hunting there too.

Drove down river to the bird sanctuary to find only 2 cars. Yeah, room to fish. As we came around the bend, we saw 20 people fishing that run. What the heck??!!!! These were fishermen that parked the train bridge and walked down to the bird sanctuary run.

It was about 10:00 with all these walking and driving around. We then gave it one more try and went down to the canal. Saw a guy bar fishing and apparently he has got 3 so far this season. Maybe I should turn into a bar fisherman too.

Fished for about an hour down the canal with nothing to show but cold fingers.

Bar fishing in the canal for Steelhead? Do'nt laugh I might be doing that when I hit 80 years old.LOL

Silex-user

montegobay man

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 09:40:31 AM »

Thank's for the report  Coho Man !!!  I don't fish the week end's as there sooooooooooooooooo many fishermen out .    :'(   Because I'am a newbie... retired  butcher :D I can now join  the old fart's bar rigging the Vedder .As  I live in beautifull Sardis chillwack B.C. :D  Cheer's Montegobay Man   8)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:53:34 AM by montegobay man »

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 11:10:02 AM »

Freds FB is keeping them out there right now, never seen soo many people on such a slow start to the season.
[

roseph

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 11:33:09 AM »

I think it's partly because a lot people had to go back to school and work today and the river was in primo shape.  But yeah, I passed by Brown Rd just to have a look and it looked like pink season by the number of fisherman on the bar.   

brandooner

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 12:10:45 PM »

Holy smokes! I hit up the upper river for the last 4 hours of the day, not too many people up there, but no fish either :(
The Fishin' Musician!

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 06:20:35 PM »

I wonder if it was the same old timer I saw and spoke to many years ago bar fishing the canal. We saw him hook 9 in about a 3hour period that day  :o

If your smart then you too would walk from the train bridge to the sanctuary run. The walk itself is half as long and you can also take a quick peek down river from the bridge to see if its worth it to keep walking.

How many of the people you see chucking fly gear ?
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 07:02:32 PM »

How many of the people you see chucking fly gear ?

We are growing in number every year...there is hope for those steelhead numbers yet.
Not all those who wander are lost

whereismyfloat

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 09:03:10 PM »

I was out for a few hours on Sunday with the Spey. I didn't see any fish taken (mid river) but the water was great. Bumped into a few folks here and there but really, I had lots of room. Just have to go for a hike and get away from the park and go locations.

wonder

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 10:43:27 AM »

Every species of fish I've gone after this year has been late, on all the rivers I've fished. Even the tuna are late returning to cabo in Mexico this year (just got back). So I'm not suprised the steelys are too

bcguy

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 12:32:32 PM »

We are growing in number every year...there is hope for those steelhead numbers yet.
Because it takes 20 bug chuckers an entire day to finally attract a fish?  ;D
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 06:42:55 PM »

Because it takes 20 bug chuckers an entire day to finally attract a fish?  ;D

You know it!! ;D ;D ;D
Not all those who wander are lost