Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lafarge Lake, March 28th 2014  (Read 1388 times)

Britguy

• Old Timer
Lafarge Lake, March 28th 2014
« on: March 28, 2014, 06:18:57 PM »

Hit Lafarge today in my tube
I was surprised at the lack of fishermen even in the rain it is usually busier than this
The fish were schooled in one area and it made for a fun afternoon, got most of them on chronamids
about 2ft below strike indicator
The guys ( one guy and two teens) on the shore in front of me seemed frustrated in the fact that i was hooking so many and they were not getting any bites.
I was tempted to go to shore and offer some tips on using lighter gear but not sure if it would go down well
The rods they were using were big enough for Coho fishing and the floats and led were so big that each cast seemed to be pushing the fish towards me. :-\
It would be nice if someone from the city could post up an information board with tips on gear and bait. :-\
Has anyone ever seen something like this at a lake or river (maybe a subject for General discussion)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Lafarge Lake, March 28th 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 07:18:04 PM »

Saw you in the float tube when I drove by it this afternoon. ;D That's not dedication though... On Monday I drove by it at 6:30am and it wasn't even bright out yet, and there was already a guy in his float tube out there! :o

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 07:48:09 PM »

I saw you out there. I went to that spot you kept sitting in at the end of the day and caught 16 on a little olive micro leech in about an hour, this was just after you pulled out your tube. Surprised how shallow they were schooling. Only saw 3 other fish taken on the shore with a float. Never caught them so close into shore before.

Britguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 08:57:16 PM »

Yeh i think they were staying in the warmer water where it was shallow, never seen them schooling there before.
Think I may try again in the morning

Britguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 11:01:58 AM »

I went out again Saturday ,a lot more guys out there, at least four other tubers
lots of fish being caught by all :)