Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: crabbing  (Read 3801 times)

phillyeagles89

crabbing
« on: July 17, 2014, 12:43:56 PM »

I'm planning on taking the girlfriend out crabbing mid next week. Just had some questions about where to go. I usually go out to Tsawwassen, but this time she wants to come and do some "exploring" while we wait. I was thinking maybe rocky point would be better for this. Wouldn't mind getting the rods into the water and catching a few fish while we wait. Any advice or suggestions will help. thanks

VA7DDP

Re: crabbing
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 07:36:02 PM »

I take it you are on a boat?

I would consider Indian Arm you could launch from cates park ($20 launch fee)

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 10:43:19 PM »

curious as to what you mean   "exploring"   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

oh... look what I found.... :-*
see ya on the river

RyanB

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 10:54:40 PM »

I'm planning on taking the girlfriend out crabbing mid next week. Just had some questions about where to go. I usually go out to Tsawwassen, but this time she wants to come and do some "exploring" while we wait. I was thinking maybe rocky point would be better for this. Wouldn't mind getting the rods into the water and catching a few fish while we wait. Any advice or suggestions will help. thanks

Rocky Point sucks for crabbing, water is too shallow even at high tide.  Ambleside Pier or Belcarra, both at high tide, are better options and both let you fish for flounder, greenling, etc.  You could stop at Sasamat for trout if you are heading to Belcarra.
‘Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard’ - Ron Swanson

NFM

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 01:43:41 PM »

Was thinking of trying some prawning and crabbing with the kids next week as we are taking the boat to Squamish to visit friends. Is it worth while trying some crabbing up that way ? Above anvil island ? Think that is close enough as we would be able to go pick up our traps mid day