Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merritt Area  (Read 3099 times)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
Merritt Area
« on: May 17, 2015, 08:45:03 AM »

I just got back from a shorty in the Merritt area- Pretty cool at night, but the days were warm and the fishing was pretty darn good. I stayed at a friend's cabin at Dominic lake. There was still the last of old man winter's deposits in various areas and Dominic had just iced off a few days before. As usual, Dominic was very generous with the pan perfect fish. They rarely gain much in size as it"s a spring fed lake, but they're abundant,extremely sweet and tasty. An afternoon at Norman was uneventful despite trying a few different things, lockjaw was evident. Face lake was supposed to be producing well, but I can't say for sure as I didn't wet a line there.I did speak to some folks staying at Paska and apparently fishing there was hot and cold depending on the weather and hatch. I didn't see a lot of tenters, probably due to the frost coating most mornings. It made the morning visit to the outhouse efficient and brief as possible.
Chironomids, Tom Thumb, shrimp and half back patterns all produced.
http://

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Merritt Area
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 05:15:15 PM »

Nice post Nova, glad your'e out and about - I remember waking up to a foot of snow one May long weekend at Tunkwa, about 40 years ago.  But we still caught fish!
I'm sure we'll be discussing other things in our usual format sometime soon ;)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 10:18:48 PM »

I'm always welcome at Domenic, Dave.  Over the years I've met nearly all the cabin owners and made some good friendships along the way. I go there twice a year at least for 4 or 5 days, help my buddy with a few projects as cabins always need work and the trees fall like dominoes, and get to fish a lot. It's quite comfortable in the cabin with a propane fridge and stove,wood stove and generator (internet/cell phone service though :'().

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 10:20:28 PM »

I even got away for fishing and did OK, if I could only find the time to write the journal, maybe will have time on the way to the Leg. on Victoria this week but I do not own one of those fancy phone. I picked up my biggest rainbow, 55 cm made for a nice supper this evening. The good news, finally mastered the fly fishing, some what.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 06:04:47 AM »

I even got away for fishing and did OK, if I could only find the time to write the journal, maybe will have time on the way to the Leg. on Victoria this week but I do not own one of those fancy phone. I picked up my biggest rainbow, 55 cm made for a nice supper this evening. The good news, finally mastered the fly fishing, some what.

Keep it that way Chris. Life is far simpler.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 11:48:14 AM »

Keep it that way Chris. Life is far simpler.
Yes I have made it public I will never get one even now I have to get a replacement, another flip simple phone, as the last one went swimming on Saturday, and no it was not while fishing, that story in the journal. ;D ;D

I believe these new phones may have a use but I think they are ruling too many lives, especially young people but maybe I am too opinioned on this orjust old fashion.

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 07:13:50 PM »

They are walking zombies makers .lol.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 07:29:29 PM »

Yes I have made it public I will never get one even now I have to get a replacement, another flip simple phone, as the last one went swimming on Saturday, and no it was not while fishing, that story in the journal. ;D ;D

I believe these new phones may have a use but I think they are ruling too many lives, especially young people but maybe I am too opinioned on this orjust old fashion.

I share your view Chris.