Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 16' MirroCraft with 40hp and 8hp Kicker For Sale  (Read 1570 times)

Damien

• Old Timer
16' MirroCraft with 40hp and 8hp Kicker For Sale
« on: May 25, 2015, 08:49:29 AM »

Wide and deep 16' MirroCraft Aluminum.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/boa/5040437929.html

40Hp Merc Tiller Main Motor - Oil Injected Two Stroke
8Hp Honda (with eazy steer). Regular shaft, as shown in the pictures, the transom is deep, short shaft motors do not work on this boat.

Total, fish ready package. Includes oars, fish finder, galvanized trailer, good tires.

Tons of scotty mounts for rod holders and downriggers, anchor lock etc. Storage locker under the bow. Includes boat cover.

This boat has been in our family for decades with upgrades and maintanance as needed. Painted over the original MirroCraft powder blue with bright yellow paint for safety reasons. As we often travelled out into saltwater. Some paint chipping in places, but the hull is in GREAT shape with no dents or scrapes.

This is a very capable boat for the Georgia Straight, Burrard Inlet, Howe Sound (weather permitting, of course) for salmon fishing, prawning and crabbing. But it is also a great Fraser River Boat which we used for salmon and sturgeon fishing. Boat does not leak.

Again, it is all safe, fish ready, motors run great and is very fast if you need it. We pull the kids in tubes with no problem. And it is easy to tow, no big truck needed. Handy walking platform mounted to the trailer for easy of launching.

We will arrange a day to show it, like an 'open house' as we don't have time to meet with individual buyers.  Unless you are super serious and we discuss over the phone prior.

We just haven't been using it for the last 4-5 years with competing priorities and growing family and its time to move on...unfortunately.

Please email me your interest and I will begin to piece together a day to show the boat to all interested parties.

bassfreak55@yahoo.com

If you are reading this ad, it is still available.

Standard 'cut the crap stuff', we will not negotiate over the phone. Not interested in offers until you come to see the boat in person on the assigned day. We will not ship the boat, cash only. No trades, no BS.

Thanks for looking and expressing your interest via email.

Damien

$6800 - Located in Langley

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:51:29 AM by Damien »

Damien

• Old Timer

Boat is no longer available.  Mods, please delete.

Dragnet

Re: 16' MirroCraft with 40hp and 8hp Kicker For Sale
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 09:18:23 PM »

Damien:

Without being too nosy did you get close to asking, I'm curious as I have a sister ship to yours and was thinking of selling it also.  Great boat and has lasted for years.  Thanks, Dragnet

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 08:15:42 PM »

Got a few tire kickers and inquiries.   But the owner felt his heart breaking and couldnt part with it.  So hes hanging on to it.

In my opinion it would fetch closer 5k than 6k, when it comes down to it.

Dragnet

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 08:33:25 PM »

Damien:

Thanks for your quick response, I can really sympathize with your friend.  I thought I would sell mine last year and just could not do it.  Here I am a year later and still thinking I should but can't.

They are such a good boat and I have been all over the west coast in mine from Bamfield, to Port Hardy, very sea worthy and have caught tons of fish over the years.

It's older but a keeper.

Thanks again for the info.

Dragnet

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 11:39:08 AM »

Im sure these two boats have crossed wakes.  It too spent a lot of time in those areas.   Great boats for sure.