Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merritt, June 2nd 2015  (Read 2489 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Merritt, June 2nd 2015
« on: June 02, 2015, 07:06:22 PM »

In Merritt today what terrible weather so just turned into a tourist as have all week to fish and hope for better weather in the next day or so. Won $27 for a $2 bet in Keno and got a good number of plucks too. Rodney, The Master, Steve, Tim, Brian and Mike are here too but they were braver than me but of course being with the Master you have to be hard core. ;D

Going for coffee at Tims with Rod now to get the updates.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Merritt, June 2nd 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 10:30:12 PM »

What a gong show, everyone in Merritt. ;D

I spent the morning doing some filming with Brian Chan, but the lakes were too rough to get out so we called it the day by late morning. I then spent the afternoon at the rest stop by Nicola Lake where the corner was quite sheltered from the wind. I cast and retrieved a 1/8oz copper hammered Croc spoon with the ultralight setup and the results were surprisingly good. A few small rainbows up to 14 inches were hooked, followed by a couple of gigantic northern pikeminnow, then finished off with a bull trout weighing around a couple of pounds. Three species in a short afternoon session, can't complain about that!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 11:20:04 AM »

You forgot to mention the large PM I guided you after that. ;D Still raining, I imagine it will be hard filming today too. I know The Master will be keen as ever even with the rain or maybe it is cold enough to snow where you are. Had coffee this AM at Tims as it was "tent day" as all coffee proceeds go to help send children to camp, they raised $5,000 here in Merritt last year, I gave them a donation from my Keno win yesterday.

I finally am heading to the lake as weather is supposed to improve soon, I have 3 days to fish anyway.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 07:52:40 PM »

Thanks for the updates gentlemen.

Im headed up to the area tomorrow.  Wheather is supposed be excellent here on through the weekend.

Hopefully not too hot.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 02:40:51 PM »

It was hot once the rain stopped on Thursday even some good action for this beginner fly tosser, no, not flosser. ;D

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 09:52:14 AM »

It sure got HOT.  We had great success fishing Tunkwa and Logan.  A few in our group got pretty burnt and even a bit of heat exhaustion. 

Saturday night was best for us as we fished from 7:30-9:30 and 'tubbed out' on 2-3 lbers.  No monsters for us.  We saw two guys come in with their 4 each including 3-4 that they weighed in just shy of 5lbs.  They sat in the same spot chironomiding for 7-8 hours.  They must have caught dozens each.

We had to go in to town to restock our beer supply on Saturday and decided to put the boat into Logan Lake.  Dad and I had a double header, too bad they were little guys.  That being said, I/we aren't very good flyfishermen, so this memory will last.

Sorry to piggyback on the thread.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 09:54:16 AM by Damien »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 06:18:10 PM »

2 more trips since this with some good fishing each time, biggest was 21 inches, now to get ready for the bar fishing, Leaf Craft is anxious.