Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, October 25th 2015  (Read 1672 times)

hrenya

Tidal Fraser River, October 25th 2015
« on: October 25, 2015, 08:06:13 PM »

fished today from 8am till dark
4 hatches :2 by me , I bonked them , 2 other ones was my dad with my rod and my roe :) , 4th was tangled with our neighbor and he had braid :( dmg was done to my line and just before 4th one was landed - line snapped :( ...
quite a few wild ones : all let go

same thing about our surrounding ... bonking wild ones and blah blah blah .... this is pathetic ... fish is BITING , they R OUT THERE , LOTS OF HATCHS too ....

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
Re: Tidal Fraser River, October 25th 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 01:09:55 PM »

Perhaps take some pics of the bonked wild fish and send in to DFO. They have no excuse not to show up if this is happening daily. I don't know why it is bad at your spot. I fish a popular Surrey bar and no one kept any wild fish there. I guess no one dared with so many experienced fishermen around watching. LOL.

TimL

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 04:36:49 PM »

I've fished out in Surrey before (last year) and from what I heard from the regulars, much of the poaching there happens at night. We saw evidence of it one time where a bunch discarded (and poorly filleted) coho carcasses were found on the beach during low tide.

hrenya

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 05:01:36 PM »

ST , at that bar all oldtimers kinda in a group ... they know that bonking wilds illegal , I told them too , they don't care . I`ve called 2 days , did a few phone calls in 1 day , nothing happening , they asked my cell number and that it . still not a phone call and no answer by email and nothing was done during those 2 days ive calling and waiting .
I did my part , I sleep good , im letting my wild ones go ... not much I can do

ktt

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 08:33:29 PM »

Yesterday (Oct 25) I went to my usual spot for coho in Richmond at around 12:00, being the first one there. Casted spinner for 2 hours, got a bite but could not hook it. Then changed to roe as other anglers started to come. There were all about 8 to 9 people, all together landed 10 coho in 4 hours and 4 were hatchery, all wild ones were released with no hesitation , no one showed any intention to keep the wild. I got my first hatchery of the season finally and the guy next to me got the biggest and the smallest, he landed a wild around 8-9 lbs and kept a hatchery one just greater than 13 inches. The visibility was around 1 foot.