Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser Oct 27  (Read 1931 times)

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
Tidal Fraser Oct 27
« on: October 27, 2015, 05:33:32 PM »

Was fishing this morning from 9 to 1 and there were quite a few fish taken while mostly wild fish as usual. I had 3 landed and all were wild and smallish. My ticket was fresh cured chum roe from a chum doe caught on Saturday and I did well among 30+ rods (talking about crowded, LOL) but I had no luck with hatchery coho after 5 tries. No complaint. I had a good day hatchery or not.

markyboy

Re: Tidal Fraser Oct 27
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 06:27:41 PM »

Fished outgoing  tide today and got one big wild, one smallish hatchery. Ten rods fishing and I saw five landed. Commercial guys were out in full force so that might account for less fish being landed today.

I've fished almost daily lately and feel the peak of the coho run was two weeks ago for the richmond area , a week ago it was still good, last few outings its much quieter - though I was talking to a guy who said he got seven yesterday. Still fish out there, especially chum that seem to be moving through in good numbers. Weather was great today, a joy to be fishing.

hrenya

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 06:47:34 PM »

marky lets meet up on weekends :) if you enjoy fishing and don't mind few beers give me a shout :)

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 06:52:29 AM »

Fished Glen Valley - visibility was around (a little under I'd guess) a foot.  Could have walked across the river on the commercial boats they were so stacked up - think that's the busiest I've seen it there ever!

Picked up 2 wilds from 9-10:30 using #5 silver blade/gold body spinner (Trophy).  Bout average catch rate with the spinner 1-1.5 per hour fishing 2-3 hours nearly every day over the past couple of weeks.  Anything shiny has been producing - I prefer the spinners, can fish them low and slow.... stick with Trophy or Bent Rods normally - I enjoy the weight and casting with 8# braid gives a pretty good launch, and sensitive set up.

I wouldn't say it's better or worse peak wise, yet. - for hardware, I think the visibility has a lot to do with catch rate (not to mention the commercial boats!)
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

Tenz85

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 09:00:28 PM »

That silver gold #5 works for me too. I also like the 5050 gold silver spoon. What was the commercial opening for and when does it run til?