Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser Oct 29  (Read 3201 times)

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
Tidal Fraser Oct 29
« on: October 29, 2015, 05:22:36 PM »

Still trying to catch a hatchery from tidal Fraser after my last trip with 3 coho but all wild at a Surrey bar. Today I took a lunch break to a local Fraser bar in Langley area. Surprising, there was only 1 bar fishing guy there and he didn't hook anything. If this were the Surrey bar, it would have at least 30 rods. LOL. Then I realized I forgot to bring roe. What the heck, here goes the spoon, a dollar shop chrome spoon which I painted a blue strip at the top of the it with my wife's nail polish. The blue top and white body resembles a herring. Should work, I guess. The water was dropping and really clear, so I know I have a good chance with an aggressive fish. Sure enough, after a series of cast, hit a large wild coho buck while talking to the bar fisher during retrieving. LOL. Too bad I had to rush back to the office as the lunch break was over. Could have hit more fish as the water was ideal. Still waiting to break my wild coho jinx on the tidal Fraser. LOL. But can't complain as the wild buck offered a good fight. Tight line.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 05:55:02 PM by Steelhawk »

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
Re: Tidal Fraser Oct 29
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 07:46:08 PM »

This is the wild buck on a 'nail polished' dollar shop spoon, lol.

ktt

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 11:44:36 PM »

Fished from 4:00 to 6:00pm, four people, no bite, no action. Visibility under 1 foot.

TimL

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 10:25:14 AM »

Fished for an hour or so after work until dark. Only 2 people...no action on roe other than bites from coarse fish and 1 landed bullhead. Vis around 1-1.5 ft. in the North Arm in Richmond.
lol..am also still waiting on a hatchery fish

markyboy

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 07:46:03 PM »

30th - Fished first thing in the morning North arm. Miserable conditions at first but it brightened up as the day went on and the wind died down. I was the only one fishing today.

Caught one nice hatchery doe, two wild coho and two dollies on chum roe . Don't think the coarse fish are stealing your bait - it's probably trout and dollies - they are very active just either side of high tide and are pretty good at stealing bait. I got through a lot of bait today because of them.

I start a new job next week and with travel and other commitments today was likely my last outing this year :( I've had most of the summer off and have fished more these past three months than I have in the previous five years. Roll on retirement when it comes.....

Baited up my last cast of the year and landed a big chum after a long fight - each year I seem to catch a single chum in the North arm and I didn't think it was going to happen this year despite me fishing way more than usual. Excellent finish to a great season's fishing.

Great to regularly meet animal chin and pierboy this season, apologies to hyrena didn't get organized enough to meet up : next season I'll see you at some point ( I did pm you a couple of weeks back).

Tight lines folks.

TimL

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 08:20:41 PM »

@ markyboy: Lol..I think I must have seen you this morning while driving to work! I was driving westbound on River road and yes I can confirm you were the only one fishing along that stretch of river  ;D
Good luck with the new job.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:21:20 PM by TimL »

Animal Chin

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 01:48:40 AM »

Caught one nice hatchery doe, two wild coho and two dollies on chum roe .
Baited up my last cast of the year and landed a big chum after a long fight - each year I seem to catch a single chum in the North arm and I didn't think it was going to happen this year despite me fishing way more than usual. Excellent finish to a great season's fishing.

Good work Mark, see you next season or this winter.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
Re: questions for the experienced fishers of tidal Fraser
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 09:41:22 AM »

I have posted this in the discussion board. If you haven't read that, here are my questions on bar fishing the tidal Fraser: (based on your own experience or watching others doing it)

1) Have you yourself or have seen others used chum roe in roe bags with some success?

2) How about spring roe, red or white, or even fresh cured coho roe?

hrenya

Re: questions for the experienced fishers of tidal Fraser
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 05:22:26 PM »

I have posted this in the discussion board. If you haven't read that, here are my questions on bar fishing the tidal Fraser: (based on your own experience or watching others doing it)

1) Have you yourself or have seen others used chum roe in roe bags with some success?

2) How about spring roe, red or white, or even fresh cured coho roe?

1) no luck
2) no luck

hrenya

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 05:24:14 PM »

fished today with my buddy and my dad , limited out : 6 hatches , a dozen of wild ones which were carefully released in water ...
visibility close to 0 because of wind and rain in a morning , was a bit nicer after 10am+ ....

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 09:01:13 AM »

fished today with my buddy and my dad , limited out : 6 hatches , a dozen of wild ones which were carefully released in water ...
visibility close to 0 because of wind and rain in a morning , was a bit nicer after 10am+ ....

Nice!  Hopefully that means there's a good push heading up river to the tribs... :)

hrenya

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 06:32:28 PM »

today : limited out with my bud , 5 hatches , 5th one was on my rod which I gave to my neighbor and he fight landed bonked it .
total results 9 hatches (legit) , about a dozen wild (legit) catch and let go , and about 5-6 wild ones bonked between same assholes I`ve reported and keep reporting every time im over there ... about 4-5 fish I couldn`t tell if hatch or wild bonked by those assholes too ... 3 fish were lost while landing , can`t tell hatch or wild ...
visibility close to 0-6 inches , strong wind , heavy rain sometimes , pretty miserable ....