Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Brunette River July 13  (Read 2952 times)

JackFunk

• Miskatonic U. Alumnus
Brunette River July 13
« on: July 14, 2004, 10:12:47 AM »

Was visiting my parents in BBy and decided to drop by the Brunette river for the afternoon.

Parked at Hume and walked the trial west up river.

Fished a tiny Grey Adams on floating line on the way up, trying some nymphing and even some tiny streamer patterns on the way down.

I had fun casting to rises but only managed to snag some tiny guys all of which were carefully released.

Was nice to flick the dry fly again.

The Sapperton fish/game club has done a fantastic job on the river, with new riverside habitat, signage etc.

Unfortunately i saw signs of angler abuse, empty dew worm containers, beer cans, and coffee cups left at the prime pools   >:(

On a lighter note, I got the disinct impression that hume park and specifically the public washroom area is a gay cruising zone.   ::)

Steeler2000

• I'm a llama!
Re:Brunette River July 13
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 12:31:00 PM »

What do you suppose they are fishing for around
the public washroom  ??? ::)
eeuwww.........  :-X :-X :-X :-X

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 02:54:55 PM »

Public washrooms are to be used for the intended purpose ;D ;D

Beyond that, I am totally cool with whatever consenting adults do, and is none of my business.   For an opposing view, look at what is going on South of the border (Canadians are-- eh -- 100+ years ahead).
click here

Bantam_50

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 08:20:56 PM »

Was visiting my parents in BBy and decided to drop by the Brunette river for the afternoon.

Parked at Hume and walked the trial west up river.

Fished a tiny Grey Adams on floating line on the way up, trying some nymphing and even some tiny streamer patterns on the way down.

I had fun casting to rises but only managed to snag some tiny guys all of which were carefully released.

Was nice to flick the dry fly again.

The Sapperton fish/game club has done a fantastic job on the river, with new riverside habitat, signage etc.

Unfortunately i saw signs of angler abuse, empty dew worm containers, beer cans, and coffee cups left at the prime pools   >:(

On a lighter note, I got the disinct impression that hume park and specifically the public washroom area is a gay cruising zone.   ::)

Speaking from experience. ;D .... yes SF&G have and will continue to be the Brunette streamkeepers. How many knew the Brunette has a mini hatchery?   :o