Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wetskins Rain Jacket  (Read 10140 times)

fisher85

Wetskins Rain Jacket
« on: March 11, 2016, 05:25:18 PM »

I found a nice cheap rainsuit at Costco from Wetskins I was wondering how would it be for a fishing jacket anyone use one?

sbc hris

Re: Wetskins Rain Jacket
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 06:10:36 PM »

For the price, I've generally found their stuff to be pretty good. I wouldn't hesitate to give it a go if I was you.

Twitchy

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 06:15:02 PM »

I use wetskins at work in the rain, good for the price, fairly durable, good for work as for the price I'm not too worried about tears, not sure how they would handle bushwacking, but for just staying dry they are not to bad.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 08:57:39 AM »

Yeah, they bring them in every year.  I bought a couple sets to have on hand a few years ago.  Seem to be working fine after a few dozen uses.  Not rips, no issues.  Great price, and hey, its Costco.  Use them for a year and bring them back if they don't fit your needs.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 09:53:28 AM »

Great price, and hey, its Costco.  Use them for a year and bring them back if they don't fit your needs.

Seriously?! :o
Why would you use something for a year if it doesn't fit your needs?  >:(

You are probably one of those guys who buys a high-end video camera for a special event, and once you have recorded and edited what you want, you bring it back to the store because "it doesn't fit your needs".

Do you also return your waders after using them for a few years because they have "developed a leak"?

God help manufacturers with customers like you.

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 10:07:00 AM »

X2,  kinda cheesy.

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 10:13:37 AM »

x3  That is bullsh**  !!!!!!

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 10:51:21 AM »

Relax.

Costco negotiates with manufactures expecting premium products.  Costco leverages their buying power demanding that the products they sell to their members are of exacting quality standards.

If the product doesn't meet your needs after a time period outside of the length of the manufacturers warranty it is Costco's policy to try their best to make it right.  The manufacturers/suppliers to Costco know this and use it in their costing models, sales forecasts and margins.

So if after the manufacturers warranty has elapsed and the rain gear doesn't fit your needs in terms of quality, begins to leak/seap, seams give up, clips break, zippers give out etc.  Costco will most likely take the product back and offer the consumer a refund.

What is so hard to understand here?

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 11:03:22 AM »

Perhaps the wording. Your original post.  It's the internet and brevity leads to assumptioms, whether a a.misplaced rock that looks like an adipose or a "hey, it's Costco"

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 11:06:00 AM »

What is so hard to understand here?

How can anyone be so friggin' CHEAP? ::)

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 01:52:20 PM »

Seriously?! :o
Why would you use something for a year if it doesn't fit your needs?  >:(

You are probably one of those guys who buys a high-end video camera for a special event, and once you have recorded and edited what you want, you bring it back to the store because "it doesn't fit your needs".

Do you also return your waders after using them for a few years because they have "developed a leak"?

God help manufacturers with customers like you.

And bam - just like that, a left hook from Milo.

I love reading your replies - so volatile - you remind me of me. Love it. Mind you I usually take a sideways approach.

Milo, you and I should go fishing together someday for kicks. Actually, we best not, we would probably never get the boat in the water without a fight or piss each other off for doing something that the other didn't like.  ;D Milo, are you a Scorpio as well?

Yes, I also have problems when people say, use it then just take it back. I don't like or believe in that concept.

Are wetskins also known as Oils Skins or is that an entirely different product. Wait, Google will tall me.

Hey Milo, thanks for making me smile after lunch. I needed that today.  ;)

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 02:16:17 PM »

And bam - just like that, a left hook from Milo.

I love reading your replies - so volatile - you remind me of me. Love it. Mind you I usually take a sideways approach.

Milo, you and I should go fishing together someday for kicks. Actually, we best not, we would probably never get the boat in the water without a fight or piss each other off for doing something that the other didn't like.  ;D Milo, are you a Scorpio as well?

Yes, I also have problems when people say, use it then just take it back. I don't like or believe in that concept.

Are wetskins also known as Oils Skins or is that an entirely different product. Wait, Google will tall me.

Hey Milo, thanks for making me smile after lunch. I needed that today.  ;)

Rieber, let's fish together any time. Your boat - your rules. My boat - my rules. ;)
Actually, let's do a day of steelhead hunting first. This Sunday?

And no, I am not a Scorpio, but get along with them very well. I am a double Sag.

Edited to add: I wouldn't define my replies as "volatile". I prefer to call them "unreserved". PC be damned.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 02:21:44 PM by milo »

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 02:22:05 PM »

Rieber, let's fish together any time. Your boat - your rules. My boat - my rules. ;)
Actually, let's do a day of steelhead hunting first. This Sunday?

And with that, a new bromance forms.

What to call the new couple...Miler? Riebo?  ;)

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 06:54:37 PM »

Sorry to crush the bromance but I've given up steelheading. My wife and kid don't like to eat them so no use for me just to catch cold and release. I actually also gotten to the point where I don't even like fishing the river anymore.

But I wouldn't mind doing so local stillwater soon.

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 07:04:34 PM »

PMS?, Manopause? I thought this was about rain gear, not birch slapping ;)