Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2017 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 151798 times)

milo

• Old Timer

In the afternoon it was rain, hail, fish, more rain, more hail, more fish...they are probably darting up river tonight saying like..."finally!!!"
Lots of springs and coho...didn't see chum. Landed two on the fly, both wild. Lost a spring.
Challenging afternoon, that's for sure. In my years of fishing, I've never been through so much rain in such a short time.
Could be great tomorrow if river clears nicely.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

Fished this morning from lower to Allison pools. Water is in excellent condition. 1dark spring released and  1 dark
hatch coho also released....too far gone for table fare. Kept one from lower about 5lbs...just in time for Thanksgiving. https://ibb.co/ifrSgG

Aki

Beautiful morning, busy on the lower river, but there were fish...landed several springs, a chum and a very fresh hatchery coho....from first light to 11am...all on wool and beads...kept two adult springs, one jack spring and the coho...two of the springs were clipped so turned in the heads to the creel counter fellow...maybe will win something...

stsfisher

Beautiful morning, busy on the lower river, but there were fish...landed several springs, a chum and a very fresh hatchery coho....from first light to 11am...all on wool and beads...kept two adult springs, one jack spring and the coho...two of the springs were clipped so turned in the heads to the creel counter fellow...maybe will win something...
Hmmm, two adult springs? http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/fresh-douce/region2-eng.html

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

stsfisher

Yes, click on that link and read it lol...
haha, my bad.  ???

bobby b

Great day out today..  busy but not as bad as I thought it would be. Fished from noon to 4pm. 2 Big Wild Coho caught and released. Got my limit of hatch ho's   ;D.

The wife got 2 hatch and released a beautiful chrome wild. Saw 2 big Springs caught too ..

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:07:27 PM by bobby b »

bobby b

FWIW ...

The keepers I got ... One on roe , 2 on 8mm single red beads and 1 on Steelhead Orange wool tie.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

DiD sOmEbOdY sAy STEELHEAD!!!!

bobby b

Oh yeah man..... SONY

Soon..Only Not Yet!!

psd1179

• Old Timer

FWIW ...

The keepers I got ... One on roe , 2 on 8mm single red beads and 1 on Steelhead Orange wool tie.

Expert!

bobby b

LOL..... far from it.

I just keep moving .. hike alot and switch up presentations often. All methods I have gleaned from posters on this site and others, and also just from simply observing what is working for other anglers around me..

Just thought I would share what worked for me...

ali2pali

Thx for the info Bobby. Always nice to know what's working for others...now i wanna go fish too!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Water coloured up quite a bit on Tuesday afternoon when the heavy rain came through the valley, but it was still very fishable. Visibility was around 2 feet.

Pretty good coho fishing in the last several days. Had a few jacks on Sunday morning, landed three adults (1 hatch, 2 wilds) and lost several on Monday morning, landed one hatchery and lost one on Tuesday afternoon.

https://www.facebook.com/fishingwithrod/photos/a.10154359608502712.1073741831.78768862711/10155094461932712/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/fishingwithrod/photos/a.10154359608502712.1073741831.78768862711/10155097362832712/?type=3&theater

Silex-user

DiD sOmEbOdY sAy STEELHEAD!!!!
Do you have to tease me? ::)

Silex user