Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2017 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 151803 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Water was back to really clear today. Lots of coho moving through the system, some biters. Fished briefly around lunch and managed to release a wild around 8lb at 1pm.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.

Water was back to really clear today. Lots of coho moving through the system, some biters. Fished briefly around lunch and managed to release a wild around 8lb at 1pm.

There wan't a deluge of rain in the valley like in Vancouver? I thought at least the canal would be blown out until next year.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:46:46 PM by dennisK »

ninez

Didn't rain (at all) at lower river until 2pm.

ali2pali

Rained pretty consistently from around 2 onwards, but not very heavily. Water has remained pretty clear, but still a little of that nice greeny color to it.

Blackrt03

Rained pretty consistently from around 2 onwards, but not very heavily. Water has remained pretty clear, but still a little of that nice greeny color to it.

Thanks for the report

sockeyed

There wan't a deluge of rain in the valley like in Vancouver? I thought at least the canal would be blown out until next year.

Another cool website I found provides rainfall for the previous day. You can click different areas and compare. River levels are also a telling sign.

According to the stats, Vancouver/Richmond got over 30mm and Chilliwack/Agassiz got less than 2mm.

https://vancouver.weatherstats.ca/charts/rain-daily.html

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

River got even lower and water was very clear today. Managed one 8lb hatchery buck on spoon.

https://www.facebook.com/fishingwithrod/photos/a.10154359608502712.1073741831.78768862711/10155103543187712/?type=3&theater
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 01:56:09 PM by Rodney »

obie1fish

Out for a good chunk of the day today fishing the lower stretch. River surprisingly low and clear.

CohoJake

• Old Timer

Wow, the river was busy today.  Good to see enforcement out on the river checking licenses and barbs today. 

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.

Great to hear Jake. Where were you? I was on the canal and did not see them...

CohoJake

• Old Timer

Great to hear Jake. Where were you? I was on the canal and did not see them...
Upper river. 

DanL

• Old Timer

Saw Conservation Officers in the canal on Friday busting people for forgotten/no licenses and not tagging their springs. If you are going to fish whats probably the most heavily enforced stretch of water in the whole region you should probably take extra care to know and be compliant with the rules.

The low water makes it a bit of a killing zone down there but looks like that's might be changing soon.

DanL

• Old Timer

Saw Conservation Officers in the canal on Friday busting people for forgotten/no licenses and not tagging their springs. If you are going to fish whats probably the most heavily enforced stretch of water in the whole region you should probably take extra care to know and be compliant with the rules.

The low water makes it a bit of a killing zone down there but looks like that's might be changing soon.

River got even lower and water was very clear today. Managed one 8lb hatchery buck on spoon.

https://www.facebook.com/fishingwithrod/photos/a.377539272711.161655.78768862711/10155103543187712/?type=3&theater

Not sure if other people can see it, but this link doesnt seem to work for me...

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

I fixed the link now in the original post.

mikeyman

I have seen busy days on the vedder before. But now its beyond that. Like peg leg during sockeye. Snag. Floss. Dredge. Barb. 3 hits on every drift. Rip. Rip. Drift rip. 90 percent of fish or more in the side. Sad.