Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Norrish Creek/Dewdney Slough - Beware  (Read 5543 times)

dave c

Norrish Creek/Dewdney Slough - Beware
« on: October 28, 2021, 05:54:37 PM »

As a resident of Mission who frequents Norrish creek throughout the year, please be advised that the RCMP has issued a warning regarding a rash of Catalytic converter thefts in the area.  These losers have already gotten me once this year near the Fraser, now they are targeting Norrish and Dewdney Slough.  SO Bloody frustrating.

milo

• Old Timer
Re: Norrish Creek/Dewdney Slough - Beware
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 08:53:26 PM »

Frustrating indeed. >:(
A good buddy got hit on the Vedder a few days ago, not far from On The Way store, his truck being parked right by the road.
Unbelievable!

Their favourite target are trucks and SUVs because of the high clearance, which makes it easier for the lowlives to do their dirty deed.

If you own a truck or SUV, consider investing in a CC theft prevention device, or at least try to find a parking spot that leaves little or no access to the undercarriage of your vehicle.

Oh, if I ever catch a CC thief red-handed under my truck, I promise you he'll never again be able to slide quickly under anybody's vehicle again.

So sorry and angry to read this. It's really becoming rampant and something needs to be done.
Thanks for the heads up, Dave.

danielk

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 09:25:41 PM »

Set a trap.  Sit in the bush with a cross bow.   No one will mess the heads.      👀.  Not serious.     But makes you want to doesn’t it.      Doesn’t seam like the cops want to deal with the problem either.    Sooooo what can you do.        Other then a cat delete.   And have a engine light on

ribolovac02

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 09:38:50 PM »

We deleted a bunch of trucks in our company , and still had a guy come by , cut the lock on our gate , walk in , get under the truck , cut the empty muffler of , take the wheel barrow of our work truck, put it in the wheely, wheel it out to the gate , throu the whole he cut , to the truck that met him on the street , and loaded it into a pickup , not knowing there is nothing in there .
Sadly we watched all this on our camera ,after, btw we are in a busy industrial complex with security , and it didn’t matter , they have  done it 4 times in the last past year , despite the fact all the mufflers are empty , cops don’t do dic$ shi$ about it …

ribolovac02

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 09:41:59 PM »

Crazy part is they did it all between 4:30 and 5 am , and we almost always have guys come in around 5:15-5:30,

ribolovac02

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 09:51:38 PM »

To add to the story of vandalism , few years ago , we had a hole cut in our fence in the part of the yard that was hard to notice .
We had several trucks broken into and tools stolen, this matter went on for a few months .
Finally I took the time to investigate and found where the scumbags were coming in from .
I patched the fence back together and put a big sign on a sheet of plywood , saying , If you ever cut the fence again , I will find you and cut your hands of , I know it’s very violent , and not nice ,but it worked ,we didn’t have a break ins several years , until the catalytic converters came into game …

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 07:30:33 AM »

Until they go after those purchasing the CAT,s from the crackheads ,nothing will change.

Maybe a sign on the truck.

You can have my CAT but i will want your testicles.
Deal?

redside1

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2021, 10:18:54 AM »

government needs to make it illegal to sell or purchase a used Catalytic converter.
There still will be a black market but take each and every business out of the equation.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2021, 01:58:26 PM »

government needs to make it illegal to sell or purchase a used Catalytic converter.
There still will be a black market but take each and every business out of the equation.

X2

blueback

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2021, 09:25:00 PM »

I'm surprised the fisheries lady wouldn't notice the illegal action. She's there until dark, when I've been there.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2021, 08:17:43 PM »

Stave as well around Keystone so ive read on fb

salmonsturgeontrout

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2021, 03:44:14 PM »

Things are changing at least where I live. I was dropping off a hot water tank at the local scrapper in poco, when the cops pulled in. They proceeded to ask for log books, vehicle descriptions etc looking into catalytic converter thieves. The poco scrap yard is no longer accepting any after the last couple weeks. Better late than never

kanuckle head

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2021, 10:35:51 AM »

I built a deterrent for a buddy's cat so thieves can move to another vehicle to cut and steal, worked out good
Even painted it high vis and used 1/4 by 2 steel, may make more and call um ..........The Cat Cage,  ;)

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2021, 12:04:21 PM »

I built a deterrent for a buddy's cat so thieves can move to another vehicle to cut and steal, worked out good
Even painted it high vis and used 1/4 by 2 steel, may make more and call um ..........The Cat Cage,  ;)

Great job, man.
If you decide to make a business of it, please put me down for one. My vehicle is a 2005 Nissan X-trail.

reeler

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2021, 12:56:54 PM »

Unless they have a #2 Phillips handy