Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser August 15  (Read 6625 times)

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
Re:Fraser August 15
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2004, 09:21:59 AM »

I just finished typing a long description of my weekend and the MORONS in the other boats that all but ruined my Sunday. I clicked post and I was logged out >:(  It's all gone! It was a long post and I had to handle several phone calls as well (damn work).  So, here is the synopsis without the MORON stories.  Papa "Grumman" came down from Peachland to try his hand at the Fraser Salmon stuff.  Off we went in my boat :D  to Peg Leg (thought I would take him to the Zoo).  We anchored in the channel and did well ( a little spotty).  He gets to go home with his 4 Sox for Mama "Grumman" :D  Biggest fish he's caught in his 78 years.  He's just tickled pink and wants to do it again.

I don't know if you can see all the water behind Papa "Grumman", but the MORONS in the other boats couldn't figure out that they didn't have to crowd.  We lasted and they didn't ;D  Life can be made misserable for MORONS.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 09:25:57 AM by grumman »

The Gilly

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2004, 09:39:57 AM »

Max,
If you noticed that it was the left leg, why didn't you notice that it was to the left of the left leg? ;D

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2004, 03:13:04 PM »

so thats whoes been  in my spot on the boat ;D  let me know Grumman if you are into some barfishing after the sock season  ;D

Aurora

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2004, 04:33:20 PM »

What a great picture of Papa "Grumman" and his catch.  Need to turn on the flash so as to light up his face a little more to show his grin a bit better.   8)

The Gilly

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2004, 05:23:23 PM »

Ya.  Id like to try it.  I've never actually bar fished before.  Just toss it out the side of the boat.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2004, 05:34:12 PM »

its a blast.I know a few good bars and have lots of gear, just gave away my spare heavy rod though.

Bantam_50

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2004, 07:13:11 PM »

DS you spent 7 1/2 hrs. on that little gravel bar? LOL....I gave it 5 minutes Sat. and maybe a 20 min. today after you left. When MR. I Don't Watch Where my Hook Goes, tried to floss me (right on the kisser)...that's was enough for me....he was let off with a stern  warning. I have to say.... that spot is the central location of the Pegleg Gong.  ::)

Bantam - were you there same time as me?  Big white guy wit Tilley and an asian fishing partner.

How could anyone miss that portrait you post Saturday.  :P I was up the bar further and then headed down to that gong, but you had left mysteriously. Wouldn't have had anything to do with recycled coffee?  :-\
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 07:19:25 PM by Bantam_50 »

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2004, 08:01:11 PM »

Well, come 0600 or so, I'll be there again tomorrow for that last kick at the can.  Come by and intro :)

BirdNester

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2004, 10:08:59 PM »

DragonSpeed, I was talking to a guy on the bar this morning. He recognized me I guess and started talking about a picture on here... Well the pic was of you with those two fish. I looked at him funny, he said, "You're DragonSpeed right?" So I was like, "Uhmm, YES, I am!" Then I stole his fishing rod and ran away.   ;D
RobertO

otto

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2004, 10:33:07 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

BirdNester

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2004, 10:40:47 PM »

Then I stole his fishing rod and ran away.   ;D
RobertO

Just in case, that part was a joke.
RobertO