Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: herrling aug 16th  (Read 3492 times)

gmoney

• I'm going to try to catch a fish!!
herrling aug 16th
« on: August 16, 2004, 01:07:57 PM »

Bad day for fishing.  A car tried to think it was a pick up and got stuck in the river.

not a lot of fish caught, about 7-8 landed, 1 spring, in  5 hours.,  WIth about 20-30 guys.  More snags building up everyday.

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
Re:herrling aug 16th
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 02:44:16 PM »

Good thing I was working.

Bantam_50

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 07:26:06 PM »

Ouch.... the death of one good bar.  :'(

otto

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 07:44:59 PM »

Ouch.... the death of one good bar.  :'(

probably for the best if that bar dies... :-\

fishin_chick

• Shut up and fish!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 08:04:06 PM »

That car was not trying to be a truck, it was stolen and dumped, I called the cops this morning, when I suspected it.  On further investigation, there was a screwdriver in the ignition and the stereo was ripped out.  the insurance papers said the guy lives on mcsween rd. thats right up by pegleg, so all be aware of thieves lurking!!!
Hi ho Hi ho...It's off to Fish I go!

fishin_chick

• Shut up and fish!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 08:14:24 PM »

Oh yes, as for the report on herrling, it stank so bad that I left at 7am to join the zoo for the first time.  reminded me of the scale bar hay days.  got me 2 shortly after birdnester left with his one fish. (one right? Roberto?).  Gonna go again tomorrow morning (august 17th.)  Anyone else gonna be there?  Just wondering as it would be neat to meet other fwr members.  I will be probably the only asian 29 year old there.  baseball cap, brown neoprene waders.  fishing with a bunch of  japanese guys including TtotheE.  Say HI!!!  
Hi ho Hi ho...It's off to Fish I go!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 08:14:39 PM »

It would seem that the lowlifes that was hanging around the Chehalis and Vedder systems have expanded their area of operation.  >:( Don't leave anything valuable in your car.  

TtotheE

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 08:16:58 PM »

I'd have to agree,  Herrling has finally hit bottom.  Left to fish a different bar.  On a brighter note I was up 3 rigs as I fished up 5 and lost 2 to the snags.  Its no wonder there are no crowds there now  :'(

BirdNester

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 09:10:42 PM »

Fishinchick, was nice to meet you. So you got two eh? You saw my one right? I will need some witnesses for yours.  ;D
Bought you a t-shirt. It reads, "Got Palomar?"
 ;D ;D ;D
JK.
RobertO

otto

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2004, 09:23:58 PM »

It would seem that the lowlifes that was hanging around the Chehalis and Vedder systems have expanded their area of operation.  >:( Don't leave anything valuable in your car.  

i used to park my truck out at Herling island (in the makeshift parking lot where you wade across), and keep an eye on peoples trucks (mostly trucks, odd car) on a donation basis. (made good coin, got free reeb).  

got the odd guy driving out, looking around to see if anybody was  there..........then they would spot me sitting in my chair, wearing a traffic vest with a TEAMSTER security logo on it and they would quickly leave. i had one idiot look around sneaky like and then he spotted me and walked up and asked "hey are they filming a movie here?"  to which i replied "yes, CrimeStoppers is filming a movie on thieves that target vehicles that are parked in fishing areas".....

guy took off RUNNING down the dirt road and got into a old Chevy van and they peeled out and hit the highway. a well placed call to the local boys in blue was made by myself.

Herling is getting to be just like the Vedder. sad but true....