Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: peg leg 17 august  (Read 7918 times)

fishin_chick

• Shut up and fish!
peg leg 17 august
« on: August 17, 2004, 12:38:18 PM »

second to last day, second time at the "gong show".  Yesterday, people were friendlier.  TtotheE and I went to check out the bar further up, and were sayin "good morning" to people.  out of 5, only 1 replied...the others either ignored us, then there were the 2 yahoos, who thought we were gonna take this one spot and ran right in front of us, to get there...  so thats what happens when the official closing date gets released!  On a brighter note, i became brave and headed back up to the area just right of the gravel bar.  TtotheE got one right away, and a 2nd pretty quickly after.  My other brother, got him a beauty of a spring.  Then my turn, a nice sock.  Only I almost killed this old guy for casting just above me while i was still playing the darn thing!   I gave him a quick "If your line ends up on my line, I'm gonna be a little upset sir."  a while later, i got a "fake spring"....tailed sock!!!! dang, did it ever run!  everyone around me convinced me it was a spring and that i should walk it down, so there I went.  Dragonspeed took a picture of me fighting it....then broke the news.  oh well....at least i came home with a sock.  before proceeding home, i made my group do a quick garbage pickup in the area we were fishing.  dang thats a lot of line!  I dont think i'll be making it this weekend for the cleanup, and wanted to do my bit anyways.  Nice to have met ya, Brian!
Hi ho Hi ho...It's off to Fish I go!

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
Re:peg leg 17 august
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 02:13:51 PM »

Nice report.  Too bad I'm sitting here in my basement office writing all these damn reports and budgets for next year.  My weekend was just like your last 2 days.  Saturday was great.  Everyone was friendly and great to be around.  Even Chris waved in his 'copter.  Sunday, however, the MORONS were out in full force.  Don't feel bad about your fake Spring.  Everytime I was anchored in my boat this year, I would see a constant parade of boats floating after "Springs".  Half of them were Sox.  I can't believe people chase Sox in boats.  Shame ;)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 02:26:12 PM »

Hey Fishin' Chick!  Good to see you got one.  

Here's FC with her "Spring"

Funny thing is, that the guy to her right had a MONSTER spring on, and tried to work it to the parking lot gravel...too steep a hill.  That thing saw land, and said "Sayonara!"  Snap!  Twing!.... Bye Bye Spring. :(

Myself and two friends hit Peg at 6:00am ish..  We hit 3 fish within about 2 hours, and then some serious lull....after about an hour...."Fish On!" in stereo!  The first double header of the season for me.  While we were landing our two, our third partner nails one as well...all done in 3 hours!  Niiiiiiice.

Good to meet you to Sayaka (p.s.  thanks for writing your name on your waders - I would have forgotten otherwise :D)

The Gilly

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 02:49:41 PM »

That's where the guy in the Speedo was on Saturday.  Straight out from the white guy with no shirt behind the truck.  Great action shot DS.  Enter Fishin_Chick for Sept's pic.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
    • My Pictures
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 02:52:24 PM »

Grumman, are you sure?  This pic was taken  from the "truck parking lot"

The Gilly

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 02:54:49 PM »

On second look, you're correct.  He was up at the top end.  I didn't look close enough at the boats across the way.

gmoney

• I'm going to try to catch a fish!!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 03:45:10 PM »

Fishin' chick, i guess you and your brothers have abanned herrling island and moved to peg leg.  I just realized that it was you and your brother that i meant at herrling.  You were driving a red pick up 2 days ago there and you had your whole family there,  Im the big chinese guy that wears a red wind breaker.  You were telling me that all the sockeyes were landed could be handed with 1 hand.

BirdNester

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 03:46:27 PM »

She's got a spring on.
RobertO

fishin_chick

• Shut up and fish!
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 04:24:41 PM »

BN
its a "fake spring",

gmoney,
are you sure it was me?  I was up there on monday, but not fishing on sunday.  I was driving a red pathfinder not a pickup, and I never land anything with one hand as I have tendonitis. haha.  but ya I had the whole family there.  2 brothers, mom, dad, and 4 friends.

fishin_chick

• Shut up and fish!
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 04:42:00 PM »

PS.  Thanks for the pic dragonspeed....Nice, you even got me having to get help from the brother (thats the young one, not TtotheE by the way) (how embarrasing!!! ;D) and on a bright note, he took home his second spring in 2 days.  so at least I had qualified help!  All I can say in my defense was, I never yelled spring on....I always said holy smokes, I have a fish on! (everyone else on the other had was yelling spring for me haha) Thanks to all that very politely moved for me, and not only that, especially those on the gravel bar, that even said, "no hurry" ....that i forgot to mention, as I was still shell-shocked about it earlier.  Maybe its the "be nice to girls" thing that I am still getting for the most part when I go fishing.  either way THANKS you all.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
    • My Pictures
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 05:15:53 PM »

I was kinda hoping he'd get out of the picture, but it was kind of a family thing from what I could see.

The guys on the gravel piece are good guys.  They've been my fishing neighbours for the past few outings.

Oh!  Good news, the boss is letting me out for closing day!!! Yippee!

gmoney

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2004, 05:21:18 PM »

I will try it tmrw, how is fishing at peg peg in the afternoon or evening? like 5ish and on??? is it worth it?

Fishin chick: im not too good with cars, All i saw is a red car, i call all the cars pickup that make it through the river at herrling,  Ok, maybe i will start calling them 4x4.  I guess I talked to your older brother, THE GLOVE, hehe  Dont know his name but maybe I will get it next time i see you guys.
When I fish with you guys I never catch anything since you guys get them before me........
but on sunday when you guys left at 7am and i arrived there, I hooked 2 but never  landed them, took  4 hours of my life away with no fish......
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 05:27:10 PM by gmoney »

calfisher

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2004, 06:03:24 PM »

Dragon Speed, didn't happen to get a picture of the monster spring that was lost did you?

Some said it was 50, fish_chick 40 and it looked 35.

Just wondering.

Cal
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 06:05:07 PM by calfisher »

TtotheE

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2004, 06:04:32 PM »

hahaha, THE GLOVE  ;D  I've got eczema and my line rips through my fingers when wet.

P.S. She's my older sister,  and salmon fishing sensei  ;)

What an addiction.

gmoney

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2004, 06:32:38 PM »

yea she had 2 springs on last time i fished with you guys. but she lost them both..... i forgot when that was, i think last week in herrling.