Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: peg leg 17 august  (Read 7916 times)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Re:peg leg 17 august
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2004, 08:06:07 PM »

Dragon Speed, didn't happen to get a picture of the monster spring that was lost did you?

Some said it was 50, fish_chick 40 and it looked 35.

Just wondering.

Cal

Nope....didn't know the guy.  And was too astounded at his choice to land the spring on the high angle slope....  Bad choice....should have worked it over to the bar again, and waited until it did the "on it's side roll".  It was a MONSTER.  I suck at fish weight estimation, so no weight estimate from me.

fishin_chick

• Shut up and fish!
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2004, 09:09:08 PM »

gmoney,

I havent had any springs on this year....maybe you are confusing me with our friend from whistler.  The Glove is my younger more talented brother....  darn I tell you...I got into fishing introduced it to my brother and dad, and now they are all (the whole fam damily) totally addicted!!! It's great to have the family do something together.  

Cal fisher,

I dont know for sure, but that spring that big guy lost was HUGE.... definetly over 30...I mean, some old guy offered to tail it for him, but I thought, no way is he even gonna get his had around any part of that tail!!!  hmmm...the one that got away!
Hi ho Hi ho...It's off to Fish I go!

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2004, 09:53:09 PM »

thanks for helpin out fishin chick
but please leave us a fish or two  ;)
sounds like you folk are having a blast out there
cnm
president of the HANEY HOOKERS SOCIETY

gmoney

• I'm going to try to catch a fish!!
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2004, 09:56:11 PM »

fishin chick: do all you wear hats??? (all the girls)  Im sure it was you, cause i didnt see any other girls that time fishing.  I dont know if it was springs or not, I just saw you walk down with it and your brother was trying to help you out and you came back empty handed both times.  

:'( :'( sure is nice to have a family thing, Im the only one in my family that likes to fish.  Im sure you guys must buy everything in bulk if 5 of you fish.

TtotheE

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2004, 10:12:10 PM »

actually my sister wasn't there that time.   That was a friend,  certainly on fire this year  ;D

Fishbreath

• Fish grasshopper, fish.
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2004, 10:38:13 PM »

fishn_chick, that's a pretty long rod, it must be able to handle the longer leaders  ;)  The fireline sure helps for this fishery too.
Give a man a fish and he'll have dinner today, teach a man to fish and there'll be 5000 people at your fishing hole tomorrow!

fishin_chick

• Shut up and fish!
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2004, 11:02:30 PM »

That, fishbreath is Tuff line, not fire line...brand new on my spool as I lost most of my old fireline at herrling on monday!  The rod, I've had for eons.  But its a goodie.  shimano makes great rods but really $h*tty reels.  abu's the only way to go.

Gmoney,
Yeah, me and sachiko both wear hats.  The other girl in our group doesnt fish, but wears a hat half the time and hangs out while her hubby fishes.  how to tell us apart?  I would be the loud mouth one.  Sachiko is the nice quiet one.  
Hi ho Hi ho...It's off to Fish I go!