Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44

Author Topic: Fraser Pinks 2023  (Read 70167 times)

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
Re: Fraser Pinks 2023
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2023, 11:56:38 AM »

Used to live in Richmond and fished for pinks a lot.

The south end of #3 Rd and #4 Rd on Dyke Rd is good.
There's a "fishing pier" at #3 Rd & I have done well just west of there on the rocks.
That whole area east and west of the pier and dog park are good.

Also, there are several areas in Deas Island Park that are reasonable.

Thank you very much.

Jelly_

« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2023, 11:57:44 AM »

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2023, 12:12:42 PM »

Correct

In pink years I've seen them from the pier but I've never connected from there (spinners). I did see one guy get into some but he was down past the golf course fence and casting from the little beach down there (also spinners). It was low tide as I recall. Frankly I would have hopped on the logs and tried from there as you are about an extra 50 ft into the water. I'm going down there in a cpl of days to walk my buddies dogs. I'll update you if I see any jumpers.

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2023, 12:15:31 PM »

North and Middle Arms of the Fraser are not very productive.

Most pinks come in at Steveston.

Jelly_

« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2023, 12:28:13 PM »

In pink years I've seen them from the pier but I've never connected from there (spinners). I did see one guy get into some but he was down past the golf course fence and casting from the little beach down there (also spinners). It was low tide as I recall. Frankly I would have hopped on the logs and tried from there as you are about an extra 50 ft into the water. I'm going down there in a cpl of days to walk my buddies dogs. I'll update you if I see any jumpers.

Sounds good!

Thanks for the info. If i have time, i hope i can head down to steveston for pinks right before school starts for me  :-\
I wonder why the North and Middle Arms are not as productive?

redside1

« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2023, 12:58:42 PM »

I have seen a lot of anglers access the south arm from Deas Island up to the Alex Fraser bridge off of River road on Pink Salmon years.
I would drive it nightly on the way home from work and counted up to 125 vehicles fishing on the way home. Some years it was crazy participation. Cerise pink spoons and Buzz bombs usually the lures of choice. Saw a lot of fish going home in bags from the area.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2023, 01:51:48 PM »

can catch pinks on the Hany Warf across the street from the pub. just east of the west coast express stop. Langley side is usually better like down at two bit bar

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2023, 01:58:27 PM »

I’ve had some great days on the middle arm.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2023, 02:08:52 PM »

Daily passage record for Wednesday At Mission August 23, 2023:

Sockeye   Pink
71,500   169,400

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2023, 02:32:25 PM »

I've caught pinks (& chums) in the North Arm but I'd agree the south arm and shore are more productive. However don't dismiss tides. Often the fish are only visible and in a biting mood at the right tide stage.

I also still think we 10 days or more away from the best fishing in the lower river. So if you get skunked this week don't give up.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Jelly_

« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2023, 03:47:34 PM »

I've caught pinks (& chums) in the North Arm but I'd agree the south arm and shore are more productive. However don't dismiss tides. Often the fish are only visible and in a biting mood at the right tide stage.

Are they more active during low tides?

chardeemacdenis

« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2023, 04:23:36 PM »

Tides are better next week.

And good luck with your Dad Rod. Its a day we all have to come to terms with.
Fishing isn't catching

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2023, 05:15:57 PM »

Generally, flood tides near the mouth, ebb tides further up. My longest experience was Fort Langley area and did best on ebb, the slack and the first bit of the new flood. Smaller bite activity would occur in some locations near the top of the flood. Depends on location & maybe others will share their experience. I'd suggest trying to schedule trips to include at least about 1/3 of either tide and fish just past the slack.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2023, 05:54:01 PM »

In my experience fishing the lower tidal Fraser, the tide has less to do with bite and more to do putting the fish closer to casting bank anglers. Spots that are productive on flood tide go barren as the tide ebbs, the water shallows, and the fish travel further out from shore.

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2023, 06:13:04 PM »

Sorry to hear about your father. Lost my dad to cancer five years ago. Way too soon. He taught me how to fish / loved fishing.

I’m relatively new to salmon fishing - if they do open the lower (salt) river to pink fishing. When would they announce it? How far in advance?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44