Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser Pinks 2023  (Read 88234 times)

Easywater

• Old Timer
Re: Fraser Pinks 2023
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2023, 03:54:21 PM »

Vibrations don't do much - pinks attack what appear to be small fish.

There are a few lures that work well.

For many years, I used a pink metal spoon with a white lightning bolt on it.
There is also a crinkle finish plastic lure but you need weight to cast it unless you have a very light rod.

There are a couple of more good ones but they are the ones that I use the most.

For spotting purposes: Sockeye jump in the middle of the river, sometimes clear out of the water.
Pinks kind of "porpoise" (just slightly come out of the water) and mill around on the surface.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 03:57:50 PM by Easywater »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2023, 04:50:42 PM »

they are not particularly picky and bite readily when fresh in the river. I've caught them on crocs, dick nites and spinners none of which seemed to work better than any other. Flys are very effective. The pink for pinks is a bit of a myth. Orange, blue, wood duck, silver and white all do well as does chartreuse. some colors work better is murky water.
"It is obviously, incontestably true that a senile president with a competent and ethical staff would be preferable to an authoritarian one who wants to fill his administration with guys who sound like school shooter manifestos " ...Adam Serwer writing in The Atlantic July 3, 2024

steveubc

« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2023, 05:14:02 PM »

No recreational pink opening until Aug 29th, is that true?

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2023, 05:33:29 PM »

No recreational pink opening until Aug 29th, is that true?

DFO won't give any ST to recreational anglers

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #139 on: August 25, 2023, 05:33:55 PM »

Idk anymore, sorry guys

“ Due to unexpected delays in the review/approval process for issuing orders brought about to vary the close times for recreational pink salmon fishing in the Fraser River tidal waters and tributary systems, these openings are now unlikely to occur in time for this weekend.”
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 05:36:43 PM by wildmanyeah »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2023, 05:39:01 PM »

FN0899-Salmon: Sockeye and Pink - Areas 11 to 29 - Fraser River Panel Update - August 25, 2023

Commercial fisheries in Area 29 directed at Fraser Pink salmon, with non-retention of sockeye, are under development. Recreational fisheries for Fraser Pink salmon, with non-retention of sockeye, are also under consideration in Areas 29-6, 29-7, 29-9, 29-10 and 29-11 to 29-17. Any fishery openings will be announced via Fishery Notice.

https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=288615&ID=all

sorry but this makes me want to laugh...just a little.
"It is obviously, incontestably true that a senile president with a competent and ethical staff would be preferable to an authoritarian one who wants to fill his administration with guys who sound like school shooter manifestos " ...Adam Serwer writing in The Atlantic July 3, 2024

roeman

« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2023, 05:49:49 PM »

Idk anymore, sorry guys

“ Due to unexpected delays in the review/approval process for issuing orders brought about to vary the close times for recreational pink salmon fishing in the Fraser River tidal waters and tributary systems, these openings are now unlikely to occur in time for this weekend.”

Who are you?  Are you attending these meetings? Are the meeting open to anyone? 
The funny part is all of these people in the meetings are probably getting paid excessively with the little guys money from buying Salmon tags......
Are you fishin or catchin

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2023, 06:06:08 PM »

The funny part is all of these people in the meetings are probably getting paid excessively with the little guys money from buying Salmon tags......

They are open to anyone, gotta sign up tho in the fall or spring

Google sports fishing advisory committee

My experience is most new people will show up to one or two meetings and never show up again.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 06:10:02 PM by wildmanyeah »

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2023, 06:44:40 PM »

They money from the salmon tags, goes to pacific salmon foundation, think it’s around 7 million

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2023, 07:27:01 PM »

Curious why that makes you laugh Ralphy ?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2023, 08:02:06 PM »

Curious why that makes you laugh Ralphy ?

I'll no longer respond to any post that uses derogatory  variants of my name.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2023, 10:25:24 PM »

I'll no longer respond to any post that uses derogatory  variants of my name.
An understandable boundary, yet a curious one when you used a derogatory variant of another member’s name just two days ago.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2023, 10:55:38 PM »

An understandable boundary, yet a curious one when you used a derogatory variant of another member’s name just two days ago.

which was where? Please provide a direct quote.

As far as ibilly and his wannabe Iron Noggin dreams... what can I say?

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2023, 11:35:29 PM »

“ supperbobby aka (RobbieG)”

August 23, 9:41AM

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2023, 02:42:40 AM »

“ supperbobby aka (RobbieG)”

August 23, 9:41AM

oh my, how caustic of me.

immediately before that in Post 46 he wrote:

As for Ralph.....same Ralph...different year.
It is absolutely mind boggling how giddy you get when the sporties get shut down on the Fraser...every time. For the life of me, I cannot understand you. And like Wildmanyeah says....you're explanation and reasoning as to why the sporties aren't fishing is complete unresearched gibberish. If there was ever a time I wanted to take home a Pink in the non tidal Fraser....it is in the next 7 days.

Left out that context did you not? As for my 'gibberish', i never provided an explanation or reasoning why "sporties" aren't fishing.