Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser Pinks 2023  (Read 88362 times)

redside1

Re: Fraser Pinks 2023
« Reply #255 on: August 30, 2023, 04:43:22 PM »

There are still sockeye in the river, and it's about the nets catching sockeye when the FN cant.  The rec fishery is just collateral damage.

not a chance, it's all about First Nations having a clear path to all and any salmon in the Fraser with Chinooks being netting in particular and who runs the show. All staff below the regional director have gags orders on them to not say what's happening.

Wade

« Reply #256 on: August 30, 2023, 04:46:02 PM »

What was the size of 2021 pink return? I started salmon fishing 2021 and Fraser pink was the first salmon I caught, it was on Sept 10…If we’re getting a larger return this year what exactly holding the DFO opening up for rec anglers?

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #257 on: August 30, 2023, 04:46:23 PM »

Just drive over the golden ears bridge there’s no shortage of bets in the river

Roderick

« Reply #258 on: August 30, 2023, 04:54:17 PM »

I don't think the FN even want pinks.... not as valuable. 
You shoulda been here yesterday.

redside1

« Reply #259 on: August 30, 2023, 04:57:51 PM »

What was the size of 2021 pink return? I started salmon fishing 2021 and Fraser pink was the first salmon I caught, it was on Sept 10…If we’re getting a larger return this year what exactly holding the DFO opening up for rec anglers?

rock bottom line is First Nations are stopping the rec angler from fishing. DFO has said so in meetings. This is why it's not opening

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #260 on: August 30, 2023, 05:19:13 PM »

Long time lurker here, I felt really bad last year about not having proper salmon stamp ....don't feel that bad anymore looking at how corrupt DFO is....I don't know about you guys but I am taking my son out for some pink salmon fishing in Fraser before he starts his university even if it's open or closed ....call dfo if you want to report me ;-)

Don't feel bad, it's the same logic why I steal from Save-On when I go shopping. Old Jimmy Pattison is a corrupt, rich weasel. Why shouldn't I stuff my pockets with chicken? I teach my children to do the same. Call the cops if you want to report me :D

roeman

« Reply #261 on: August 30, 2023, 05:25:02 PM »

Don't feel bad, it's the same logic why I steal from Save-On when I go shopping. Old Jimmy Pattison is a corrupt, rich weasel. Why shouldn't I stuff my pockets with chicken? I teach my children to do the same. Call the cops if you want to report me :D
Best laugh of the day.... Its amazing how people justify doing something wrong or illegal to convince themselves they are owed something from someone else.   Not picking on you, I have done the same in the past,  BUT it is wrong...
Are you fishin or catchin

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #262 on: August 30, 2023, 05:27:52 PM »

I don't think the FN even want pinks.... not as valuable.
.......just the females for roe....gut and toss with the bucks.....
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #263 on: August 30, 2023, 05:50:35 PM »

There is hope that a notice will go out Friday for a Saturday or Tuesday opening

But that’s all it is at this point

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #264 on: August 30, 2023, 06:05:27 PM »

There is hope that a notice will go out Friday for a Saturday or Tuesday opening

I wouldnt bet a penny on it. :/

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #265 on: August 30, 2023, 06:36:04 PM »

The FN have been throwing back sockeye, and ya if they cant have it no one can.  The SCOC saw to that.

No. SCOC set the principles by which the Fishery operates. It was DFO and Government's choice when they could have negotiated a deal with FNs. How the fishery is managed and administered is up to DFO.
"It is obviously, incontestably true that a senile president with a competent and ethical staff would be preferable to an authoritarian one who wants to fill his administration with guys who sound like school shooter manifestos " ...Adam Serwer writing in The Atlantic July 3, 2024

SuperBobby

« Reply #266 on: August 30, 2023, 06:43:48 PM »

turned into a complete joke!

When did it TURN into a joke....yesterday? It's been a joke since the early 90s.

The FN have been throwing back sockeye, and ya if they cant have it no one can. 

No they haven't. Come to Chilliwack. Both Sockeye and Springs are here for sale by the 100s of pounds. FN is NOT throwing back their sockeye....unless DFO is standing right there when they bring in the nets.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #267 on: August 30, 2023, 06:50:08 PM »

Yes they are most certainly for sale and not hard to find.

someone

« Reply #268 on: August 30, 2023, 07:02:57 PM »

Even though it's a sarcasm, I don't see a problem robbing from corrupt people. Laws change over time, a law doesn't mean it is THE right law, take for example slavery and laws against FN over the history of Canada, I will go against such corrupt laws and govt (in this case DFO) and teach my kid the same. Your path is different than mine.

roeman

« Reply #269 on: August 30, 2023, 07:24:21 PM »

Keep guessing,  Your gonna get it right sooner or later....
Just say no one knows... till it is announced...
Are you fishin or catchin