Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser Pinks 2023  (Read 88422 times)

fic

• Old Timer
Re: Fraser Pinks 2023
« Reply #360 on: September 02, 2023, 12:18:13 PM »

I thought outgoing tide would be good for south arm, but last couple of days there were only single stragglers. Big schools arrived during incoming.

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #361 on: September 02, 2023, 12:19:54 PM »

End of next week should be excellent.

You'll see 10 fish on the surface at any given time during prime time.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #362 on: September 02, 2023, 02:30:31 PM »

Many angling opportunities are more learning and less catching opportunities .
"It is obviously, incontestably true that a senile president with a competent and ethical staff would be preferable to an authoritarian one who wants to fill his administration with guys who sound like school shooter manifestos " ...Adam Serwer writing in The Atlantic July 3, 2024

Colersmom

« Reply #363 on: September 02, 2023, 05:29:39 PM »

I have never fished the fraser before over my 8 years of fishing, what are some good spots on the fraser?

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #364 on: September 02, 2023, 05:33:05 PM »

I have never fished the fraser before over my 8 years of fishing, what are some good spots on the fraser?
have you every read Rodney's Website???...
http://www.fishingwithrod.com/
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #365 on: September 02, 2023, 06:00:47 PM »

North Arm in Richmond had a dyke upgrade a few years ago and there are large gravel areas to pullover along the river, however there are no parking signs.  Hopefully bylaw will turn a blind eye for a bit. 

Further west there used to by nice sheltered pullouts among the Cottonwood trees.  All those trees have been cut down and access blocked off.

Access is definitely more limited than it used to be.

roeman

« Reply #366 on: September 02, 2023, 07:17:23 PM »

What an ignorant comment.  Karma hopes you go for a swim with waders on while fishing for pinks....
Are you fishin or catchin

Colersmom

« Reply #367 on: September 02, 2023, 09:28:33 PM »

Iʻm sorry I just wanted user inputs from their successes, I didnʻt know that was so offensive to some people.

redside1

« Reply #368 on: September 02, 2023, 09:36:26 PM »

I've started to notice this on the south arm, it seems around high tide for about an hour a bunch of fish come through and then its dead for hours and only a couple stragglers are caught.

Remember the high tide in front of you is later upstream. You can always chase the fish up the river.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #369 on: September 02, 2023, 10:20:07 PM »

Iʻm sorry I just wanted user inputs from their successes, I didnʻt know that was so offensive to some people.

Check out the list of spots for the Tidal Fraser River I got on this page:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/articles/region_two/tidal_fraser_river.html

I would say Derby Reach, Glen Valley, Matsqui are kid-friendly because of the gravel bars.

The spots in Richmond are all on bigger rocks that you have to walk down on along the dyke, can be tricky, but you do encounter fresher fish in this area.

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #370 on: September 03, 2023, 12:15:46 AM »

no need to apologize, just for myself when I first started I read every article I could on Rodney's website and I learned so much. I feel everybody interested should. That's the first place I recommend anybody to start, you can spend days perusing everything like I have, but you probably aren't nearly as crazy as me about fishing  ;D. There is a tidal Fraser fishing section on the homepage. I have fished river road, dyke road, annacis island, sapperton landing, foreshore park you name it. In the end the timing and luck is way more important than location (other than fishing a snag free spot) and there is more than enough content on the site to find all you need. Success is never assured only hoped for.
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #371 on: September 03, 2023, 11:29:12 AM »

Seems the commercial fishing in tidal fraser coincident with lack of success start Sep 2nd. Unless fish only push in in good number on Sep 1st.

Saw hundreds fishing rising on Sep 1st. 2 rising today.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #372 on: September 03, 2023, 11:41:18 AM »

Are the pinks in Vedder Canal in number yet? With the lower tidal Fraser slowing down fishing due to commercial opening, perhaps it is better to try the Vedder, especially with fly fishing.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 12:24:48 PM by Steelhawk »

Jelly_

« Reply #373 on: September 03, 2023, 11:42:53 AM »

Have you tried yet to fish for them off the dog park? Curious as this spot is close to me and I have had tried once before, but had no luck.

Havent had the chance yet, just got back in vancouver. Might head out to that spot soon

Jelly_

« Reply #374 on: September 03, 2023, 11:50:14 AM »

FYi... Over the past 25 years, I have caught way more pink salmon in North Arm than South Arm. South Arm tends to get those huge surges of fish flooding in during the incoming tides, but they are usually short lived. North Arm's fish tend to stream in steadily, not only throughout each tide, but also throughout the season too. I have caught fresh, chrome pink salmon in North Arm as late as early October.

Is north arm across from the YVR airport?