Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser Pinks 2023  (Read 88537 times)

RICHARD CRANIUM

Re: Fraser Pinks 2023
« Reply #480 on: September 10, 2023, 08:20:43 PM »

Lee Valley used to have  big
burlap sacks for a buck.
Ill stop by tomorrow and have a look.

Jelly_

« Reply #481 on: September 10, 2023, 08:37:15 PM »

is a 5/8 ounce spoon too big for pinks?
also what is with the burlap sacks?  ???

dobrolub

« Reply #482 on: September 10, 2023, 08:48:05 PM »

old fashioned bags for potatoes.

Wade

« Reply #483 on: September 10, 2023, 10:08:53 PM »

is a 5/8 ounce spoon too big for pinks?
also what is with the burlap sacks?  ???
Nope, I throw at them 3/4 ounce spoon or 1 ounce buzzbomb attached with with 2.5” hoochie, they bite anything in front of them……salmon and trout can take on smaller fish 1/3 of their body length

coastangler

« Reply #484 on: September 11, 2023, 09:46:36 AM »

Sorry for digressing but on the topic of limited entry fishing for certain streams, does anyone know why is not that common the "Fly Fishing only" rules? I find it works really well on busy island rivers like the Campbell River on pink season, where you have most of the gear and float fisherman below the confluence and upstream in the Fly Fishing only section is quieter. Wonder how would that pan out on certain busy LM rivers
"It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.”
Sir Edmund Hillary

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #485 on: September 11, 2023, 10:21:23 AM »

Lee Valley used to have  big
burlap sacks for a buck.
Ill stop by tomorrow and have a look.

that username, dick cranium lol
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 12:12:50 PM by dennisK »

roeman

« Reply #486 on: September 11, 2023, 03:00:36 PM »

Sorry for digressing but on the topic of limited entry fishing for certain streams, does anyone know why is not that common the "Fly Fishing only" rules? I find it works really well on busy island rivers like the Campbell River on pink season, where you have most of the gear and float fisherman below the confluence and upstream in the Fly Fishing only section is quieter. Wonder how would that pan out on certain busy LM rivers

Fly fishing only above the highway 1 bridge on the vedder... Thats a change I could support...,
Are you fishin or catchin

Wade

« Reply #487 on: September 11, 2023, 03:30:51 PM »

went out for an hour and half, completely decimated by a girl in swimsuit who couldn’t even cast more than 30ft with probably a walmart rod…she was standing where the water was up to her chest and getting hookups for every 3 or 5 cast and landed 3…meanwhile I lost 5 and snagged one…looking down at my $3000+ rods and reels I was like wtf am i doing here… and quietly packed up…end of fraser pink for me

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #488 on: September 11, 2023, 03:39:09 PM »

went out for an hour and half, completely decimated by a girl in swimsuit who couldn’t even cast more than 30ft with probably a walmart rod…she was standing where the water was up to her chest and getting hookups for every 3 or 5 cast and landed 3…meanwhile I lost 5 and snagged one…looking down at my $3000+ rods and reels I was like wtf am i doing here… and quietly packed up…end of fraser pink for me

what are your rod and reel?

Jelly_

« Reply #489 on: September 11, 2023, 04:30:36 PM »

Ive seen many people around me hooking into pinks, while im just casting around  ::) Thought it was my lure selection, or it truly is a luck based fishery.

RICHARD CRANIUM

« Reply #490 on: September 11, 2023, 04:53:57 PM »

Lee valley still has burlap sack.
By donation.

Jelly_

« Reply #491 on: September 11, 2023, 04:59:35 PM »

old fashioned bags for potatoes.
Are they special in any way, or is it because potato bags are cool  ;D

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #492 on: September 11, 2023, 06:06:19 PM »

Sounds like my pink fishing :/

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #493 on: September 11, 2023, 06:39:22 PM »

there were more FF only waters some years back but these were deleted partly to simplify the regs, equalize access and because some of those waters didn't attract much attention from Fly anglers, possibly because they weren't that carefully selected.

FF only always do attract the ire of some organized user groups so in most cases either artificial lures only regs or artificial fly only (which allows yarns ties) seem to be preferred.
"It is obviously, incontestably true that a senile president with a competent and ethical staff would be preferable to an authoritarian one who wants to fill his administration with guys who sound like school shooter manifestos " ...Adam Serwer writing in The Atlantic July 3, 2024

Wade

« Reply #494 on: September 11, 2023, 10:16:34 PM »

what are your rod and reel?
2018 Stella C3000DHHG paired with Yamaga Blanks TZ 9’3”
2022 Stella 3000MHG paired with Shimano Exsence Infiniti 10’