Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Next Federal election  (Read 10109 times)

4x4

Re: Next Federal election
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2023, 07:03:23 PM »

The FreeDumb crowd in Canada blame JT for inflation and high housing costs. 

FreeDUMBers  shout about high inflation numbers and  shout from overpasses about covid conspiracy / put flags on hockey sticks in their pickups.....

More intelligent Canadians get educated , travel and understand inflation and housing costs are prevalent across all western nations.
CDN inflation rates are actually below many countries.

Well said.

SuperBobby

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2023, 07:05:22 PM »

The FreeDumb crowd in Canada blame JT for inflation and high housing costs. 

FreeDUMBers  shout about high inflation numbers and  shout from overpasses about covid conspiracy / put flags on hockey sticks in their pickups.....

More intelligent Canadians get educated , travel and understand inflation and housing costs are prevalent across all western nations.
CDN inflation rates are actually below many countries.

Facts are facts. Some people just can't stomach facts when it goes against their narrative.
Canada is bringing in more immigrants than they are building the appropriate amount of housing. That is a fact. Even MSM and Stats can will agree with me.
That buck stops with our Liberal government. You can't make the 'all the western nations are in the same boat' excuse, and you can't bring in more immigrants than the amount of new additional housing provided. Again....grade 2 math. Why do so many here fail basic math?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 07:10:00 PM by SuperBobby »

SuperBobby

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2023, 07:07:26 PM »

Ah, the internet ::)

Why don't you prove that what I said was incorrect instead of your stupid catch phrases? You can't do it because you know what I said is true and there is documentation to back it up.

dobrolub

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2023, 08:30:28 PM »

x
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 04:43:05 PM by dobrolub »

dobrolub

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2023, 08:34:09 PM »

x
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 04:43:14 PM by dobrolub »

sumasriver

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2023, 08:57:51 PM »

Well said.

Yes, but the FreeDumb supporters will stiill want to invade our cities and disrupt people lives...... break our CDN laws.....
Argue with our top scientists ....  blame JT for all Canada's problems.

Any person that is able to travel / visit other countries fully understands that inflation and  super high housing costs are crippling all western nations.

Blaming immigrants is another simple solution to a complex problem.   

Not sure why i would post a link but have a look at this....

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/mapped-which-countries-have-the-highest-inflation/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 08:59:43 PM by sumasriver »

uliwon

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2023, 12:36:04 PM »

it does not look good for justin. very few prime minsters make it past a second term if you look at the historical average. then inflation and housing will put the last few nail in the coffin. the only shot he's got is on climate change which i think will be on tops of peoples minds as well but behind inflation and housing. this wild fire season was like nothing we have seen before and is affecting more people every year from coast to coast. alberta had wildfires in may this year. our water sheds are the lowest we've seen in decades. something is definalty changing.

pierre has done an extremely good job marketing him self. hes taping into that populism on the right thats been there for the taking for a while. my only fear is he's saying all the right words with no actual substance. where i grew in richmond, real estate was expensive before justin even took office. i was priced out of the market i grew up in by 2008. did i blame stephen harper for that? of course not. that would be ridiculous. my mother was priced out of the vancouver real estate market in the early 80's. now the rest of canada is catching up to what people in the lower mainland and the greater gta have been dealing with for 25 years.

inflation and interest rates have really hit the working poor hard. rent here in cloverdale and langley has sky rocketed. $2200 for 2 bedroom. let alone the $1100 damage deposit. just to get your foot in the door its $3300. i remember a time where you could rent to save money. i would struggle affording that on my red seal tradesman wage. my first mortgage payments in 2009 were less than that. the harder you make it on these people, the more open they are for change regardless of the political party

i share the same fears as ralph about federal lands as well. we all witnessed the back room deal for the greenbelt in ontario that doug fords government is involved in. ford said he wouldnt touch the greenbelt, where pierre has openly talked about the selling of federal land. im not against the selling of federal lands in a way that make sense like housing coops and more rental stock. what i have a problem with is him selling it to developers who turn around and make more 650sqft garbage that now dominates the land scape in the lower mainland and fraser valley.

if the conseratives had some plan on actually climate policy i would consider voting for the torries for the first time. i watched jasraj singh hallan (conserative mp) interview after the conservative convention, and it was crickets on any real policy aside from selling natural gas to asian and european markets which i agree with and already happening with the hub in kitimat. i worry that sometimes consertives have to cater to the far right on issues that turns people in the middle to the left. i would really like to hear pierres view on abortion is as well. abortion is the one issue that is hurting repulicans even in deeply red states. i would imagine it would be very unpopular here as well.

should be an interesting election cycle on both sides of the border.

Pretty spot-on observation of the housing issue.

How does PP think he will just bulldozer private interests for cheaper housing? sell Federal land? to who? Further for the highest bidder only, that's what taxpayers expect, then he goes on about 'Gatekeeper's and building redtape...OK smarty-pants, how so? You going to change the building codes and inspection process? The permitting process? that's all Muni's, none of his jurisdiction or business frankly. He is going to fire the BOC chair because of high interest rates and because he doesn't like their policy? Is he an economist? What is his solution? He never offers one, zero, zip...its all be angry, be a victim, its all somebodies else's fault.

Even Harper, who actually had a degree in the subject of economics, wasn't that stupid. Inflation is global right now but PP will have you believe its JT's fault...Under PP, NOBODY would have received CERB during CV-19, so if you took the money or support, then reserve comment on JT

Don't forget the recent Cons have never been protectors of fisheries, the environment or even can agree on Climate issues. They'll tell you they'll bring back our fisheries but don't offer how? Harper et all before JT slashed DFO, Pipelines get special permits to skip environmental oversight, and heir mantra is to kill carbon taxes and kick the issue down the road for our kids to deal with. (Carbon taxes were recently pointed out to be .02% of inflation, so total red-herring argument)

Reality is JT is a smuck but this guy PP pushes all the populist hot buttons without offering any solutions, his party of far-right wing nuts can't help themselves and moving to the middle, as O'Toole suggested during his exit, is such a foreign concept that they can't fathom its benefit. PP just makes us all feel like its all Governments fault we face increased costs and he is going to fix it all...B/S...no he won't, how can a free enterprise party start dictating costs and margins to private business to lower prices? Demand Oil companies lower the price of gas and diesel? Demand freight costs are lowered? Raise the price of oil so our dollar is stronger and lower prices of foreign goods? good luck PP.

I can't wait for him to put out his platform on how he will actually do everything he says.

we need a new Party without the extreme right and left screwing everything up.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 12:45:52 PM by uliwon »

sumasriver

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2023, 01:57:59 PM »

How does PP think he will just bulldozer private interests for cheaper housing? sell Federal land? to who? Further for the highest bidder only, that's what taxpayers expect, then he goes on about 'Gatekeeper's and building redtape...OK smarty-pants, how so? You going to change the building codes and inspection process? The permitting process? that's all Muni's, none of his jurisdiction or business frankly. He is going to fire the BOC chair because of high interest rates and because he doesn't like their policy? Is he an economist? What is his solution? He never offers one, zero, zip...its all be angry, be a victim, its all somebodies else's fault.

Even Harper, who actually had a degree in the subject of economics, wasn't that stupid. Inflation is global right now but PP will have you believe its JT's fault...Under PP, NOBODY would have received CERB during CV-19, so if you took the money or support, then reserve comment on JT

Don't forget the recent Cons have never been protectors of fisheries, the environment or even can agree on Climate issues. They'll tell you they'll bring back our fisheries but don't offer how? Harper et all before JT slashed DFO, Pipelines get special permits to skip environmental oversight, and heir mantra is to kill carbon taxes and kick the issue down the road for our kids to deal with. (Carbon taxes were recently pointed out to be .02% of inflation, so total red-herring argument)

Reality is JT is a smuck but this guy PP pushes all the populist hot buttons without offering any solutions, his party of far-right wing nuts can't help themselves and moving to the middle, as O'Toole suggested during his exit, is such a foreign concept that they can't fathom its benefit. PP just makes us all feel like its all Governments fault we face increased costs and he is going to fix it all...B/S...no he won't, how can a free enterprise party start dictating costs and margins to private business to lower prices? Demand Oil companies lower the price of gas and diesel? Demand freight costs are lowered? Raise the price of oil so our dollar is stronger and lower prices of foreign goods? good luck PP.

I can't wait for him to put out his platform on how he will actually do everything he says.

Solid post.  Great until the next post about the FACTS..... LOL.....

SuperBobby

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2023, 03:20:35 PM »

Actually if you were paying attention, PP said he would stop the insanity of 100k immigrants per month....and yes...he also said that wasn't going to immediately fix the whole problem...but it will sure help.
Again....basic grade 2 math. You can't have 100k immigrants per month when you are only building enough housing for 20k per month. It's a housing deficit of 80k per month. Again....I realize that isn't the only problem, and PP understands that, but an 80k deficit per month is astronomical over a long period of time.
Lowering of the immigration will give builders time to catch up....whereas a continued immigrant deficit will just make things worse.
How is it that so many people suck at basic math?

roseph

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2023, 03:38:53 PM »

Cons absolutely love to talk about cutting immigration.  It works for them in so many ways.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2023, 04:39:00 PM »

Both JT and PP have announced measures to improve housing situation - JTs will come into force well before PPs, if the laters ever do.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-gst-removal-construction-housing/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poilievre-housing-plan-1.6966907
"It is obviously, incontestably true that a senile president with a competent and ethical staff would be preferable to an authoritarian one who wants to fill his administration with guys who sound like school shooter manifestos " ...Adam Serwer writing in The Atlantic July 3, 2024

sumasriver

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2023, 05:17:31 PM »

Cons absolutely love to talk about cutting immigration.  It works for them in so many ways.

Yes , so simple to blame newcomers to our country.  Its easy because it allows everyone here to absolve themselves from any part of the problem.

Super high housing costs are now happening in all Western nations..... Canada is not special....  we have the same issues all countries have.

4x4

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2023, 05:34:32 PM »

Awesome post.

SuperBobby

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2023, 06:42:55 PM »

Libs love to encourage immigration as long as it isn't in their neighborhood...oh the hypocrisy.

uliwon

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2023, 07:37:08 PM »

Facts are facts. Some people just can't stomach facts when it goes against their narrative.
Canada is bringing in more immigrants than they are building the appropriate amount of housing. That is a fact. Even MSM and Stats can will agree with me.
That buck stops with our Liberal government. You can't make the 'all the western nations are in the same boat' excuse, and you can't bring in more immigrants than the amount of new additional housing provided. Again....grade 2 math. Why do so many here fail basic math?

We also have a significant aging-out population and few people available to fill the basic jobs that need filling, the jobs the resident entitled millennials can't be seen dead doing, so what do you suggest Government do? Build cheap housing first? Dictate to private property owners, municipalities and corporate Canada to sell land for less?, Rona and Home depot to sell materials for less? Build for cheaper? Then open your doors to immigration?

Funny how you rarely see new immigrants homeless, at food banks and on the dole...sure they see initial Government support, but they largely hit the ground running because their bloody happy for the opportunities.

I have a friend with multiple fast food outlets, he can barely get locals to work there, so he solicits in the Philippines, and they are great employees, he has businesses to run. 

its a slippery slope blaming Governments for everything wrong, today PP was grand-standing about poor housing density near rapid transit stations...of course he chooses as transit site without matching housing construction, but they don't happen simultaneously..clearly he isn't a city planner or have any idea of urban planning...he is politician, and simplistic one at that.

Hey Pierre, look at Joyce station, Metrotown, Brentwood, or Oakridge now there skippy...hows that for density near rapid transit, and it took years to get that way.