Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis river red springs  (Read 2233 times)

maxkiddsbrodie

Chehalis river red springs
« on: July 14, 2024, 10:45:14 AM »

Hey there,
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is any/many red spring that run up chehalis?
I know the vedder has some running but prefer less crowded so if anyone knows thank you in advance!

tuna

Re: Chehalis river red springs
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2024, 11:12:47 AM »

nope nothing yet

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2024, 04:39:10 PM »

Hey there,
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is any/many red spring that run up chehalis?
I know the vedder has some running but prefer less crowded so if anyone knows thank you in advance!

Please excuse me - I don't want to sound like an elitist. But if anyone posts here about this system being productive, the crowds will be WORSE than the Vedder, considering the size of the system. Best to scout out and/or do your own personal networking and stay away from public forums in this case.

In general, the Chehalis does get a run of summer chinook. However, the number of fish and accessibility varies widely from year to year. Some years offer excellent fishing. However, other years offer lean opportunities due to limited flow. There are opportunities to be had in the canyon section, but that can be quite sketchy/dangerous if you're not experienced hiking the canyon section. In addition, there are far less fishable spots compared to the Vedder/Chilliwack system, so crowds will have a far more adverse affect accordingly.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 04:46:14 PM by FlyFishin Magician »

jacked55

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2024, 01:22:10 AM »

Is the Canyon still closed or is it accessible once again? I haven’t been in a couple years.

avid angler

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2024, 05:46:22 PM »

its closed

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2024, 03:53:44 AM »

Are we talking about the fleetwood road ? Still closed ? Man that’s been closed a long long time !