Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jones Lake  (Read 6950 times)

Canadian Anglerz

Jones Lake
« on: August 03, 2024, 06:12:18 PM »

Hi All,

Thinking about going to Jones Lake tomorrow (never been), just looking for thoughts on the lake and any tips.

I will be bringing my Kayak, it's about 1hr:45min drive so just trying not to waste time and pick another place if it's not worth the drive.

Thanks,

Canadian Anglerz

Re: Jones Lake
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2024, 08:57:27 AM »

Guess no one has fished this lake, shouldn't be pressured.

Thanks all

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2024, 09:48:49 AM »

Looks like fun. smart to try it after the long weekend too. I googled it but seems its also called wachleach? anyways have fun...did you need to make reservations?

GordJ

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2024, 12:29:13 PM »

Thanks all
It’s too bad that you didnt just try it yourself and report back.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2024, 12:58:50 PM »

Some info here: https://www.bcadventure.com/adventure/explore/vancouver/hope/wahleach.htm

recent stocking info: https://www.gofishbc.com/stocked-fish/?start=2014-08-06&end=2024-08-06&region=LOWER%20MAINLAND&waterbody=WAHLEACH&reportType=lake so it gets a couple thousand cutthroat a year. Best I know it's the only lake in the valley that is stocked with cutthroat. You can keep a couple as well. Used to be known for its kokanee fishing.

It's moderately high at 2000ft and deep but I'd can but wonder if it doesn't fish well in mid summer. You may need to fish deep like 20 feet or deeper. Another option would be early morning & evening.
"It is obviously, incontestably true that a senile president with a competent and ethical staff would be preferable to an authoritarian one who wants to fill his administration with guys who sound like school shooter manifestos " ...Adam Serwer writing in The Atlantic July 3, 2024

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2024, 01:27:07 PM »

there are more almost 100 results when you search up this lake in the forum and fwr website has a whole article on it.. plenty of info
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

fisherforever

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2024, 04:01:31 PM »

Thanks all
With an answer like that don't expect too much help here . I notice most of your posts are wanting info and not contributing anything to the site!

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2024, 05:18:57 PM »

A response like that makes me realize why once very good sites like this one struggle for contributing members while Facebook fishing groups thrive.
"It is obviously, incontestably true that a senile president with a competent and ethical staff would be preferable to an authoritarian one who wants to fill his administration with guys who sound like school shooter manifestos " ...Adam Serwer writing in The Atlantic July 3, 2024

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2024, 05:53:20 PM »

A response like that makes me realize why once very good sites like this one struggle for contributing members while Facebook fishing groups thrive.
fishforever is actually pretty on the spot. This topic can be easily searched and there is already lots of info on it. If you are adept enough at technology to post on this forum you are adept enough to make a couple searches and learn by reading what is out there. There are actually MANY more trolls on fb groups from my experience.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2024, 09:08:18 PM »

fishforever is actually pretty on the spot. This topic can be easily searched and there is already lots of info on it. If you are adept enough at technology to post on this forum you are adept enough to make a couple searches and learn by reading what is out there. There are actually MANY more trolls on fb groups from my experience.

Exactly what about the OP asked is a troll? If a website like this isn't a place ask simple questions then what you get is what there now. Nothing. Days without a single post and then a whole lot of activity when the fishing is good in the Chilliwack River.

I did a search on Jones Lake and the first 10 or 12 posts said nothing. BTW I belong to a number of FB fishing groups and almost none of them allow trolling. They are well moderated.

Cheers.

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2024, 11:21:47 PM »

Exactly what about the OP asked is a troll? If a website like this isn't a place ask simple questions then what you get is what there now. Nothing. Days without a single post and then a whole lot of activity when the fishing is good in the Chilliwack River.

I did a search on Jones Lake and the first 10 or 12 posts said nothing. BTW I belong to a number of FB fishing groups and almost none of them allow trolling. They are well moderated.

Cheers.
I never said he's a troll did I? I said that facebook has many more trolls than here and that there's lots of info on Jones lake online.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2024, 07:58:58 AM »

I never said he's a troll did I? I said that facebook has many more trolls than here and that there's lots of info on Jones lake online.

the thread turned into a troll.  ;D

GordJ

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2024, 12:30:43 PM »

the thread turned into a troll.  ;D
Well if anyone would know about trolling……

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2024, 05:11:10 PM »

Well if anyone would know about trolling……

says Mr "steaming pile of poo!". Perhaps next you can accuse me of having a scatalogical fetish! 

It's too bad I have always like your posts. But Gord you can  dish is out but can't take it.  :D.

Have a nice one...day that is.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2024, 08:29:51 PM by RalphH »

danielk

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2024, 09:57:39 PM »

0.o

Hmmm jones   Don’t keep your food to close to that lake.   Something will pull it in the water ;)    Have BBQ tongs handy.        Hmmmm this thread turned shitty 😂