Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: KASNAGGERS FB Group Enough is Enough  (Read 13005 times)

bj23

Re: KASNAGGERS FB Group Enough is Enough
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2024, 12:22:14 PM »

I have wanted to make this post for a long time but I always stopped myself before in fear of pushback or unwanted attention to myself but at this point I have had enough as I'm sure many feel the same. This needs to be discussed extensively and SERIOUS actions must be taken from government officials to stop this criminal and unethical behavior. I know DFO is aware of what's happening but nothing has changed.

I am sure some of you are aware of this issue and the general snagging and poaching behavior in the vedder canal is well known.

This snagging/poacher group has been active on facebook for years posting daily on subjects such as keeping more than the daily limit, keeping wild coho, keeping more than the annual chinook limit, selling of fish, mishandling of fish. All of this is posted to mock us. Trolling or not, nothing is funny about it.

The main organizer in this group of criminals is "Jay Joseph Sabellaga" these people gather in groups of 20 or more and snag fish morning to night daily in areas of the canal from fisherman's corner to the Keith Wilson bridge.

This group is degrading to all fisherman and our public resource. We need these people off of the river for good, this is not a question of them being uneducated on the rules. They know very well and they make a mock of it online. People comment on their posts all the time telling them the rules and what they are doing is wrong. But they will not change. I have seen what they do in person before and it disgusts me.

In fact this individual Jay is the one responsible for the closure of the vedder crossing, it was his online video of dragging wild sockeye that went viral.

Yes i know there are rivers you can keep wild coho I do not need to hear it. There is enough evidence to show their wrongdoings.

I please encourage all of you to report this illegal behavior.

I am not exposing anything not publicly known, you can see all this for yourself on the public Facebook page I will link here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/935028990718369

Why would you be concerned about drawing attention to yourself? Why are 'you' intent on bringing any others into this. Why do you feel that 'we' must educate the government? Why can't you hold that down & do that on your own? Who are you to determine what is criminal or even unethical from a face book page. What was the DFO's reply when you asked why, that since they are aware of this group, they were not acting on this issue? Did the DFO ask you for the evidence that you have filed of this snagging /poaching group? If the DFO is currently aware of this activity, why would you want anyone else to keep informing them? Don't you think that they may have more important things to do? You have been trolled by this group; too bad you don't find that 'funny'. You know what is funny? Calling a joker a criminal because you cannot see the difference between the two - now that is funny. If you can't understand what you see - turn the page. The only degradation I feel, is having to share the water with your limited wisdom. Yari nari semento.

bj23

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2024, 12:29:24 PM »

When they post wild coho and sockeye pictures, its no longer "funny", mainly because there are many newbies who think this is all good.

With newbies not knowing the regs and 'Dave's Elder Posse Patrol' that still leaves enough of us to get a laugh/or not out of this page.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2024, 01:39:27 PM »

This is a convoluted mess of debris that could only have originated from the Vedder River

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2024, 07:01:09 PM »

Why would you be concerned about drawing attention to yourself? Why are 'you' intent on bringing any others into this. Why do you feel that 'we' must educate the government? Why can't you hold that down & do that on your own? Who are you to determine what is criminal or even unethical from a face book page. What was the DFO's reply when you asked why, that since they are aware of this group, they were not acting on this issue? Did the DFO ask you for the evidence that you have filed of this snagging /poaching group? If the DFO is currently aware of this activity, why would you want anyone else to keep informing them? Don't you think that they may have more important things to do? You have been trolled by this group; too bad you don't find that 'funny'. You know what is funny? Calling a joker a criminal because you cannot see the difference between the two - now that is funny. If you can't understand what you see - turn the page. The only degradation I feel, is having to share the water with your limited wisdom. Yari nari semento.

Your clear lack of knowledge on this issue is obvious. I have already said I have seen their snagging in person, so have many others, so have DFO officers. I can't believe an adult can be as gullible as you to think this group is all one big joke. Do you really think I would post it if I wasn't sure?

Who do you think half of these people are in this video?
Looks like they are just trolling right?
https://youtu.be/FGrzGf5tqQU?feature=shared

They post pictures in this area daily, wow only that spot in the river has biting fish non-stop right and they have some secret roe recipe. Is that what you believe? Because that's what you're projecting in your message.

I posted this because strength is in numbers in this world. People should be cognizant of the BS going on
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2024, 09:09:53 PM »

The fish in this video would be so spooked with all the ripping going on there is no way any would be biting.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2024, 09:12:58 PM by chris gadsden »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2024, 11:31:20 PM »

I wish more people would fish there after seeing the video. Leave the rest of the river to me.

roeman

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2024, 02:50:12 PM »

Hopefully it will start raining a lot soon and the canal will be full of water from bank to bank... Problem solved
Are you fishin or catchin

Jacobleboe

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2024, 05:09:14 PM »

we should build a ufc octagon at peach road for fishermen to solve their disagreements.

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2024, 09:20:43 PM »

I wish more people would fish there after seeing the video. Leave the rest of the river to me.

You mean the rest of the creek? That's what it looks like right now sadly.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2024, 09:37:51 AM »

Hopefully it will start raining a lot soon and the canal will be full of water from bank to bank... Problem solved

Some rain in the forecast this weekend possibly for a few days

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2024, 10:22:13 AM »

The rain just moves the problem to another part of the river.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2024, 01:06:38 PM »

Went to take a look today at the activity below the Vedder Crossing Bridge where there was 50 plus people lined up a few feet a part. It is such a sorry situation to see the method they are using to trying to catch a salmon. So many lines tangled amoung those on both sides of the river even when someone has a fish on as some continue to cast.

When I first started angling on the Chilliwack Vedder River in the 1970's I never thought we would see this way of tryng to catch a fish. The idea of fishing in those days was to learn and develop the skill to actually make a fish take your offering, that has now been lost by so many unfortunately. It now has gone too far to change I hate to say even thought some people have tried and are still trying to change  people's attitude on what fishing should be about. I salute them.

The only bright spot to the visit was to see 4 fisheries officers out there and I observed one ticket being issued.

Phronesis

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2024, 01:34:39 PM »

Went to take a look today at the activity below the Vedder Crossing Bridge where there was 50 plus people lined up a few feet a part. It is such a sorry situation to see the method they are using to trying to catch a salmon. So many lines tangled amoung those on both sides of the river even when someone has a fish on as some continue to cast.

When I first started angling on the Chilliwack Vedder River in the 1970's I never thought we would see this way of tryng to catch a fish. The idea of fishing in those days was to learn and develop the skill to actually make a fish take your offering, that has now been lost by so many unfortunately. It now has gone too far to change I hate to say even thought some people have tried and are still trying to change  people's attitude on what fishing should be about. I salute them.

The only bright spot to the visit was to see 4 fisheries officers out there and I observed one ticket being issued.

Its a sad situation.
Someone just posted this video of unclipped coho - https://youtu.be/Uq13CItYboU?si=FeaocT_S0uE4ToHZ

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2024, 04:03:47 PM »

Its a sad situation.
Someone just posted this video of unclipped coho - https://youtu.be/Uq13CItYboU?si=FeaocT_S0uE4ToHZ
It looks like port alberni is tagged as the location

Phronesis

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2024, 05:41:55 PM »

It looks like port alberni is tagged as the location

That video didnt have that tag before when i saw it this morning, easy to claim port alberni