Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: 2024 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 28200 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

A lot of garbage on the bar below KWB tonight, I should have had a larger garbage bag but cleaned up quite a bit, will visit the area again soon. Beach seine crew was heading out at dark as they have a chinook salmon tagging program going on.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Lots of coho in the system now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTnAPrzOYtY

And it sounds like there is still a good abundance of white chinook salmon at the Fraser mouth so there'll probably be another push through in the next week or so.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Just back from a drive along the Vedder Canal dyke road and WOW there must of been 200 plus cars and trucks parked along the lenght of the dyke road from KWB to the freeway. I was going to go out and cleanup some litter on the bar but no where to park.

fic

• Old Timer

Are there supposed to be a lot more wild coho than hatchery this time of year?   Seems like the wild population is way more than the hatchery ones.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

Just back from a drive along the Vedder Canal dyke road and WOW there must of been 200 plus cars and trucks parked along the lenght of the dyke road from KWB to the freeway. I was going to go out and cleanup some litter on the bar but no where to park.
I’m going to set up a hotdog stand there tomorrow!

Darko

• Old Timer

Are there supposed to be a lot more wild coho than hatchery this time of year?   Seems like the wild population is way more than the hatchery ones.
There are many more wild than hatchery at the moment. My experience last few weeks is about 1 / 5 fish are hatchery. The wilds seem to be of excellent size aswell. I have caught a few around 10-12 lb. I've been told as we get later in October the hatchery fish will be much more dominant.
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.

Covid Coho is real.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2024, 07:07:06 PM by dennisK »

SuperBobby

Covid Coho is real.

A reminder of the stupidity and paranoia of the majority of the human race....how easily the masses can be brainwashed by the left.
Here we are a few years later looking back makes it look even stupider than it seemed at the time.
How people fell for such lies and gave up their freedoms so easily is beyond me.

JBB

• I'm a llama!

Hey Superbobby, lucky there are a few select, highly intelligent people like you around .
Man does not cease to play because he grows old ; he grows old because he ceases to play

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Cleaned up a bag of litter from the gravel bar below Keith Wilson Bridge late yesterday, I noted a good number of chinooks had been caught.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

Covid Coho is real.

Well I had my 2nd go 'round with Covid this summer but I hadn't come into close contact with any coho since last fall so I don't think there much to that.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so!" ...Mark Twain

Darko

• Old Timer

Well I had my 2nd go 'round with Covid this summer but I hadn't come into close contact with any coho since last fall so I don't think there much to that.
XD
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante

A reminder of the stupidity and paranoia of the majority of the human race....how easily the masses can be brainwashed by the left.
Here we are a few years later looking back makes it look even stupider than it seemed at the time.
How people fell for such lies and gave up their freedoms so easily is beyond me.
     I think you have your left confused with your right......and yes the earth is round and we have been to the moon...
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

Hey Superbobby, lucky there are a few select, highly intelligent people like you around .
X2. His tinfoil hat is cinched on tight.

SuperBobby

I think you have your left confused with your right......and yes the earth is round and we have been to the moon...

Lol. Why is it that anyone who isn't a lemming and actually thinks for themselves gets lumped in with the flat earthers. I've never been a flat earther in my life.
Although, I definitely have some questions about the moon landing.

X2. His tinfoil hat is cinched on tight.

Sorry to disappoint you, but they stopped making tin foil over 80 years ago.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9