Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2024 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 34595 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

It felt like steelhead season today with a cool NE wind blowing. All I could land was chum salmon so stopped fishing earlier than usual. A few anglers were landing a mixture of wild and hatchery coho salmon.

I hope it does not rain to hard for the weekend fishers. I imagine it will be busy with the opening of chum salmon on Saturday.

salmonrook

Good day out for me .
It was cold out there but the bit was on .
Lots of chum in the river spawning but also lots of Coho
Several people landing them out there
 Couldnt believe how much gravel has been extracted from the river .
 Several piles below the crossing , has made the river wider and deeper .
« Last Edit: October 25, 2024, 10:49:18 PM by salmonrook »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Needless to say it was very busy on the river today. More color in the river today than yesterday due to the rain last night however plenty fishable, All I could tangle with were chum salmon and they were not in good condition.

The only good news was I found my sissors that had fallen out of my bait box yesterday. I thought they would have been washed downstream but got caught up between 2 rocks. Having some pink flagging tied on them helped me spot them.

Observed a few coho salmon caught and of course a lot of chum salmon harvested on the first day of the opening. It was good to meet some members of this fishing forum and they told me how they enjoyed the forum and reading "The Journal" that I used to write a number of years ago,well I did write one this year.

jim

the hydrometric water level shows it heading upwards at a steep angle, at 7:45 am   it has been raining overnight. maybe a lull this morning, could be good?

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer

Needless to say it was very busy on the river today. More color in the river today than yesterday due to the rain last night however plenty fishable, All I could tangle with were chum salmon and they were not in good condition.

The only good news was I found my sissors that had fallen out of my bait box yesterday. I thought they would have been washed downstream but got caught up between 2 rocks. Having some pink flagging tied on them helped me spot them.

Observed a few coho salmon caught and of course a lot of chum salmon harvested on the first day of the opening. It was good to meet some members of this fishing forum and they told me how they enjoyed the forum and reading "The Journal" that I used to write a number of years ago,well I did write one this year.

It's great to see current versions of "The Journal" to read again! Glad to see you are getting out again Chris. It's been a very good season so far. The abundance of wild coho, and now chum, is very encouraging. Even though that means less hatchery coho for me... ;D.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

It's brown again.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Of course the heavy rain last night has taken a toll on the river conditions. I just took a look and it is very high,I would say the visibility is zero right now.