Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SEYMOUR RIVER - AUGUST 30TH  (Read 3041 times)

klmline

SEYMOUR RIVER - AUGUST 30TH
« on: August 30, 2004, 08:16:41 PM »

Was thinking of going to the Vedder today to see if any Ho's had shown up but last nights reports coming in sounded pretty unfavourable.  Instead I decided to take the dogs for a walk along the Seymour.  I had walked in off Hyannis Dr. and had been going for about an hour and a half without sighting one fish when I came across a tail out right beside the trail.  I couldn't believe what my eyes were telling me because holding in the tail out were at least 8 summer run steelhead and there may have been more in the ripples but I'll keep the number conservative because I'm sure alot of people reading this are going to call b.s. on this story.  
I thought that I might have been mistaken and maybe they were actually cohos instead so I watched them for a good 15 minutes.  The water was quite clear and their shape definitely fit that of a steelhead but the coloring on their sides was a sure give away that they were in fact steelhead.  I can't remember seeing that many steelhead together in one spot for many years so it was an extreme shock to see them in the Seymour.  I know that the Seymour steelhead run is quite weak and particularly the summer run so I have no intentions of going fishing for them but's it's good to know that there are some there.  It makes it that much more upsetting though to know that the gov't pulled it's funding for the steelhead hatchery program on the Seymour this year.  I don't know if I should share the exact location due to the fact that someone may decide to take a rod up there and try catching them as there is a 2 steelhead retention limit for hatchery fish. It would be great to tell some of you where they are so you can have look at them for yourself.  I ended up watching them for probably a 1/2 hour and they were still holding there when I left.

klmline

Pink Poacher

• I'm a llama!
Re:SEYMOUR RIVER - AUGUST 30TH
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 08:40:25 PM »

Nice to see summers returning to the Seymour

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 09:15:17 PM »

::) ::) ::)

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 06:24:06 AM »

Question for klmline:

If you are so concerned about a sensative summer run on then seymour then why post anything! The Seymour does have a sensative run so why bring ANY attention to it???

I fished the seyour this weekend my buddy and I saw one brood stock fisherman (EC)....reports like this will change that in a heart beat....use your head next time.

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 09:25:49 AM »

BS
Just had to say 'cause you thought somebody would ;D

Gutslinger

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 09:32:29 AM »

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!    >:( >:( >:( >:(

scalper66

• here fishy fishy
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 10:12:04 PM »

i fished it monday no luck didnt even see a fish so i wouldnt run out there to fast