Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: lower fraser Oct 11  (Read 2962 times)

lucky

• Old Timer
lower fraser Oct 11
« on: October 11, 2004, 03:32:27 PM »

not much to report for me, barfished all day without a solid bite, saw in total about 4 small jack coho caught, one of which was wild, as well as one nice sized hatchery coho of about 10lbs landed at the far end of the beach and one guy early on got a chum.  Was very busy at the Brownsville bar, nearly 40 people , which is alot for that small beach.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: lower fraser Oct 11
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 05:43:34 PM »

Pretty slow at where we were too, but still fun. Two days in a row, I have not gotten into fish. I think the luck has been used up.... :-[ Luke had two coho jacks on (first one was rather big) that took his lure right by the shore but popped off after a couple of leaps each time. He also landed a small bull trout right before I took off. A few chum rolling here and there, but very scattered out. Clarity is quite good at a moment, so spinning can be effective.

LukeYVR

• I'm a llama lover..
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 07:25:37 PM »

I landed 3 more bull trouts after Rod-san left.

Many people bar-fishing using roe, no salmon caught.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 07:33:25 PM »

Darn, I was thinking of trying it later this week.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 09:55:26 PM »

You landed three more bull trout after we left?!?!??! Sneaky! :-X ;) Good for you... :) That drag set has to be lighter though, I am telling ya... The jacks got off because they couldn't peel the line out.

FishOn

• This sure beats workin!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 12:54:21 AM »

Barfished the lower Fraser with the wife and son for about 3 hours today. We had a few nibbles and had our roe stolen a couple of times. Just as we were packing up I landed a small bull trout that was about 9".

The people next to us hooked and lost about a 10lb coho the first five minutes they were fishing. They then lost another fish about 10 minutes later. Otherwise it was a slow day amongst the 6 rods that were in the water.